• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the fray on Thursday, so they can get all the re-onboarding done ready to crack on next week

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth and multiseed bread

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Extended disco version too, via the dodgy rec

Not that the rec is noticeably dodgy. The small number of other people in there during the day mainly seem to be pensioners, women with pushchairs, and the occasional exerciser. But it's in among a couple of fairly rough areas. Recently, a bloke in a flat in an adjacent house was stabbed by three blokes who'd forced their way in, presumably in an argument over drugs or something. The assailants made their escape in a car that was waiting round the corner at the gate to the rec, so even though it wasn't involved at all, I now think of it as the dodgy rec

Comment

Tube strike means that my usual 35 minute trip to my Portuguese night class will take at least an hour on the bus. I'm allowing 90 minutes, as the traffic is likely to be worse than usual.

Comment

Shrove Tuesday, so: pancakes!

Traditionally served with a sprinkling of sugar and a squeeze of lemon; the lemon wedges having been waiting in the freezer since I last made pancakes

Comment

Man cannot live by pancakes alone, so proper tea has been ribs and chips

Accompanied by what the channel sponsor idents describe as "unmissable entertainment", but which to me looks more like some bloke buying antiques followed by some other people making furniture; for, having seen every programme Pick has to offer about sixteen times, I'm giving Quest a try

Comment

Very soggy out.

The 74 bus didn't make an appearance so I ended up spending £30 on a black cab to get to my class. Only 3 of us made it in.

Coming home, I had a 15 minute walk in the rain to the bus stop by Selfridge's and a soggy walk home at the other end.

No pancakes have been had. I will make lots at the weekend instead.

Comment

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's raining.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Quite a lot.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X