• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: chicken tikka masala with rice and naan; very tasty

It's been raining off and on since late afternoon; more on than off though

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Telly tonight has been some Customs nonsense while dining.

Then the next part of This is Going to Hurt. This is getting to be tough going - not in that it's bad but, as you'll remember if you read the book, because of how bad life starts getting for him towards the end

Somewhat wrung out by that, I turned to Only Murders in the Building S1E9, Double Time (TV Episode 2021)

And finally, the Air Crash Investigation into Atlantic Airways Flight 670. I wasn't familiar with this one; it involved a plane running off the end of a Norwegian runway and over a cliff because, counterintuitively, the crew braked too hard in an attempt to deal with a failure of the spoilers on landing

I need to start getting to bed earlier to acclimatise myself to getting up at a "sensible" time once the new gig kicks in, I suppose

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          Overcast and breezy out, but not raining, although the 1/4 acre of lawn from our back door round to the side gate was a bit sodden.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

^^^ "Cleared" Al isst now klar.

Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

No current precipitation.

Cold at 12.4 deg in here.

1025 mBar, 30.27 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 14.87 psi, (up from 1023 mBar last night), 70% RH.

Tuesday.

Very odd dreams about a job somewhere in that ?London? driving a Big Blue Volvo about, getting lost going home, cat in a suitcase (), WTF?

Shopping trip to post office to buy TV Times, and onwards to Morrisons for some comestibles done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the gloom with brief hints of sunshine.

Lunch: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: see Earworms.

Freecell score (other box): 88%, running average 84%.

Tea: Tesco battered haddock, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Robert Duvall.

Quantum Leap S5 E11 "Promised Land". The scumbag (is there any other kind?) banker one.

Hidden Wales: Last chance to see.

Car SOS S9 E9 Bedford Icecream Van: based on the HA Viva FFS, of which there are very few left, the majority having dissolved many years ago.

The shell, such as it was, resembled lace once it had returned from soda blasting.

The repairs involved the recreation of the missing body parts from steel sheet.

Those metal forming tools made me jealous, though I don't know why since I'm very unlikely to ever require their use again. .

Freecell score (this box) during the above: 100%, running average 87%.

Bab5 S5 E16 "And all my dreams torn asunder": Londo returns to Centauri prime after the revelations. No good comes of this.

Bab5 S5 E17 "Movements of Fire & Shadow": the excrement has hit the Centauri aircon.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 March 2022, 23:59.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I've been cleared
              That took a bit longer than the two weeks originally mooted

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, though it'll cloud over fairly soon. No rain expected until this evening though. Currently 7°C, no more than 9° expected, barometers bouncing back at 1021/1029mB

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That took a bit longer than the two weeks originally mooted
                Just a little

I gather the consultancy regard themselves as forever in my debt for my having been so patient with the process. In fact, taking the winter off was pretty much exactly what I wanted. Still, might come in handy when rate renegotiation time comes around

Comment

Morning all

Dull and damp out. No precipitation at present but there was plenty overnight with more expected off and on throughout the day. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 9. Barometer up a smidge to 1026 mBar.

More replanning of the remaining data migrations. We've done about half in four months and have four weeks to do the rest. TPTB don't want to extend agreements as that will cost money. They evidently think there is no cost to not moving data and losing access to anything that we don't move.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Dull and damp out. No precipitation at present but there was plenty overnight with more expected off and on throughout the day. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 9. Barometer up a smidge to 1026 mBar.

More replanning of the remaining data migrations. We've done about half in four months and have four weeks to do the rest. TPTB don't want to extend agreements as that will cost money. They evidently think there is no cost to not moving data and losing access to anything that we don't move.
                    Is it a grand switch off or just do your own transfer of the files that matter....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Is it a grand switch off or just do your own transfer of the files that matter....
                      Ex parent co wants to cut off access so whilst the data will still exist, the business will have to go through a very convoluted process to gain access to them if the access agreement isn't extended.

Comment

Working...
                      X