• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Olympics, GBM, This Is Going To Hurt, now TFBSZ.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Food-accompanying telly was another episode of the Warship thingy.

Then Only Murders in the Building S1E5, Twist (TV Episode 2021), which continues to be very good

That was followed by an episode of the Norwegian Trucking Hell equivalent. They had both a cable and a chain snap in separate attempts to get a lorry out of the snow high in the mountains this time, but luckily nobody was decapitated - though the cable didn't do one of the little cameras they'd fixed in position to give a view from the top of the winch much good

And finally the Air Crash Investigation into XL Airways Germany Flight 888T, an acceptance flight intended to prove the subject A320's airworthiness preparatory to it being handed over to Air New Zealand, but which instead proved that it was distinctly not airworthy as it plummeted nose first into the sea

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dark, mostly because it's ridiculously early.

Dank.

No current precipitation.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly at 13.2 in here though it seemed a good deal warmer in bed, the duvet requiring removal in parts.

Up from 995 mBar last night to 998 mBar, 29.47 in Hg, 748.56 Torr, 14.47477 psi, 67% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

Not waking at 06:05 would have been appreciated.

The rain started immediately I opened the door to go out for a walk, so I didn't bother.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84% (84.66%).

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

And it's raining harder, with the barometer down to 997 mBar, plus the wind is rising.

more Freecell: 89%, 84%.

Freecell 100%, 84%

Bab5 S4 E9 "Atonement".

Tea: the last of the chicken with carrots & onions, the last of the pears, the penultimate yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entetainment: Discovering Peter Lorre.

Quantum Leap S5 E2 "LHO Part II".

Bab5 S4 E10 "Racing Mars".

Treadstone S1 E5 "The bentley lament"?

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 February 2022, 21:00.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
          I think it's the calm before the storm out there - currently 13oC, overcast, dry, no breeze

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny and cloudy out, depending on which minute you have a look, though it seems the cloudy is going to win. Currently 14°C with 15° possible, but pretty windy making it "feel like" 12°C. Showers due later, and the barometers are down again at 985/993mB

Comment

(checks clock) Morning all

Blue / cloudy sky but rain expected this afternoon / evening. Currently 15 degrees ('feels like' 13) and that's the high for the day. Barometer down to 999 mBar.

Hectic start to the day and I've only got about 50 minutes left before I have to clock off and head to Heathrow. Hopefully my flight to weegieland won't be too bumpy.

Comment

Getting windy out.

Comment

Lunch has been leftovers from the Chinese, to wit, refried chicken chow mein

The sun seems to have retreated behind clouds for the rest of the day, and the trees are stirring

Comment

Boarded and ready to go. Just waiting on ATC to give us the go signal.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

No extra leg added today, as I was head-in-the-clouds at the corner where I need to deviate from the usual route and followed that instead

But I did make the detour to the pharmacy for more LFTs, which I was able to get this time. Not that I needed any more, having an unopened box at home, but I'm stockpiling while they're still free

Rather windy out but the breeze itself is fairly warm. And there was a bit of not-quite-even-drizzle throughout

Now waiting for the results of an LFT; as there are now two cases in the family, I figured I might as well check

Comment

Working...
                      X