• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recycling has been gathered into one appropriate sack and taken down, and the recycling bin trundled

And while out there, I identified a general waste bin from a neighbouring property that had been trundled though only half full, so I sorted my sack thereof out and took it out to that one. This saves the landlord the trouble of fishing it out of one of our bins so he can put it in someone else's in the middle of next week

Comment

Eh! Better not nick my FF!

And the most targeted vehicles were Ford Fiestas, with 3,909 disappearing from driveways and roads
      https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...icked-26195031
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        A Dundee cake is in the oven

Takes quite a long time to bake, this one; I've got the oven on lower than when I first attempted it, as it was a bit overdone that time.
        Cake is out, and appears to be just about right

Currently cooling, on the rack but still in the tin; in a little while, I'll liberate it (it's one of those tins where there's a spring to release it on the side) so it can cool properly.

Comment

Ooh I do like a fruity cake.

Watched Inside the Factory, all about ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Eh! Better not nick my FF!

And the most targeted vehicles were Ford Fiestas, with 3,909 disappearing from driveways and roads
            https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...icked-26195031
            Shame no-one seems to want to nick my car. That would save me some hassle.

Comment

TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The refuse bin has been trundled.

A towel wash was done earlier this afternoon and I just remembered to take them out and drape about the place.

Comment

Tea has been roast turkey thigh, though as the main idea is to make soup, I just had chips with a bit of it rather than a whole roast dinner. And then a big slice of Dundee cake, which has turned out very well indeed; full of flavour but with a fairly light crumb

Comment

Telly during dinner was another of those Moment of Proof things on iPlayer.

Then Only Murders in the Building S1E3: How Well Do You Know Your Neighbors? (TV Episode 2021). Some very funny moments in this one, I thought

And finally the Air Crash Investigation into Itavia Flight 870, which was very clearly proven to have been brought down by a bomb but which, for strange reasons only comprehensible to Italians, officials decided had instead been brought down by a missile. All very strange, but then, Italian politics is

Early night now as it falls upon me to retrieve the recycling bin first thing tomorrow, for reasons which also remain unclear

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

0oC, clear blue skies.

TFIF, etc
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X