• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    A balmy 9oC out although a little overcast.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly at 13.2 deg in here.

1025 mBar, 30.27 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 14.87 psi, 65% RH.

Tuesday.

Poor night's sleep due to cold feets and going to bed late, having been reading about the results of being hit by a 7.62 bullet. 1mm my arse.

Shopping trip to the post office & Morrisons for TV Times, paper towels, and some chicken breasts (reduced, but not by much).

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

Lunch: Pukka steak pie with baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO: Bambi's popped his clogs then.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 84%.

Tea: Cap'n's battered haddock, some peach slices (in light syrup according to the can, so sweeter than the "in juice" variety, I miss the sugar hit of the heavy syrup of yore), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Terrence Stamp. I still haven't seen many of his epics since the last time this was on.

Quantum Leap S4 E18 "It's a wonderful leap": The "It's a wonderful life" one: enjoyed this one more than most, it was rather good.

Bab5 S3 E13 "A late delivery from Avalon": and lo! did King Arthur return, unexpectedly, to Bab5.

The Rookie S1 E19 "The Checklist": quite funny this one.

Car SOS S9 E5 Rolls Royce Doctor's Coupe 1929: so that's how you fit a dry liner.

Bab5 S3 E14 "Ship of Tears": Bester returns and helps them swipe some organic "weapons parts".

In other news, I've just learned that all the effort I put into transferring the electronics stores from Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde up Ye Hill to Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde down Ye Docks has proved futile since it's now become three people's office with the stores at the back of the lab.

You really couldn't make this tulipe up.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 February 2022, 00:12.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but dry. Warm out at 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) with a high of 13 later. Barometer up a touch to 1027 mBar.

Brisk walk up to the dentist for my check up. All good, no work needed.

Comment

Morning denizens

Much better night's sleep, having not activated the electric thingy. But it's still providing an additional layer of insulation, so I ended up being woken around half five onwards with the feeling that my legs were too warm (being a throw rather than a full blanket, it only comes about halfway up the bed). I think I need to uninstall it completely while this warm weather continues

Speaking of which, it's 12°C outside with 13° expected, overcast again but that sort of bright overcast, and another relatively warm night expected. Barometers are trivially down one at 1016/1024mB

Comment

Lunch was a mortadella, salami and tomato sandwich on Jason's sourdough.

Today's fun post-migration user issue started with "these files are missing". Initially I thought they were created after the migration cut off but, no, they should have been migrated. My colleague and I then checked the migration logs, which returned "success" so the files should definitely be there. We searched for the document IDs, in case they had been moved. No results found. I then said "let's check the recycle bin". Lo and behold! There they were.

With much glee I responded with the findings of our investigation and advised the user to ask their colleague why they deleted the files

Comment

Lunch has been roast turkey butties on sesame bloomer, using the remains of the roast turkey thigh

As I'm left with a bone and such, I'm thinking of roasting the other thigh that's taking up a fair amount of space in the freezer some time over the next day or two, then using the lot to make a big batch of turkey soup

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I included the start of the extra leg I added yesterday, then branched off that into a recreation ground that I've never been in before, despite having been past its various sides many, many times over the decades. This added an extra moderately steep bit of slope, and led me out on to a side road that I know for sure I last walked down in the 1980s; probably 1986. (Some friends lived in a cul-de-sac off it but moved about that time, and the road itself doesn't go anywhere you can't also get by more obvious routes, so I've never had any reason to walk down it since.)

And from there I was able to cut along to the pharmacy and collect the monthly prescription. Then back up to rejoin the usual route and so home, but via the Amazon Locker.

So all in all, I added about an extra mile

Comment

Just remembered the vanishing bus shelter. When going by there in daylight, I could see where it had been uprooted; they did quite a neat job of patching the holes which is why I couldn't spot them in the Tarmac at night. I made a point of walking over the patches, on the grounds that I'd never walked on that few feet × few inches of pavement before and it's good to try new things

Comment

Still effing working. I will miss my Portuguese class for this week as I now can't get there in time.

Comment

Tea: breaded chunky haddock, chips and beans

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Still effing working. I will miss my Portuguese class for this week as I now can't get there in time.
                      Booooo!

Comment

Working...
                      X