• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

A grey start out, currently 9° heading for 14° this afternoon; barometer 993/1001mB. Also predicted for this afternoon: thunderstorms!

Comment

Morning all

Damp out but no precipitation at present. Currently 11 degrees but may get up to 16 later. Rain, with a hint of thunderstorms () possible around lunchtime. Otherwise rain expected all afternoon. Barometer up to 1004 mBar.

Off to a bad start this morning, in that I forgot about a 0830 meeting this morning. Fortunately, the person I was due to meet got caught on a conversation with someone else and was late too.

The other downside is all the drivel on R4 about Bob Dylan. I have no idea why he's so highly rated. He can't sing and can't play the harmonica.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      Twenty-four merchants form the New York Stock Exchange at 70 Wall Street 1792

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

White sky with occasional blue bit.

UnSunny.

Warmish at 18.3 deg in here.

1004 mBar, 29.65 in Hg, 58% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming particularly brightly Roy since the racket next door has started rather earlier than usual, much to my joy.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the sunshine with threatening black clouds.

'Tis raining now so I timed that right.

Lunch: scrambled egg and not so poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly on same, bramble jelly on Morrisons oat & barley bread, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84% (83.84%).

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E11: wherein Rory recovers a badly vandalised artic.

Tea: faggots & peas (again), some tinned pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Discovering Rex Harrison" on Sky Arts.

Trucking Hell S4 E5: stone me that truck in the dyke looked a bit dodgy.

NCIS S16 E17 "Silent Service": a rather familiar story Mein Fuehrer, er, sorry, Mr President.

It would have been better with that great man Brigadier General Jack D. Ripper though.

Now: Dispatches detailing Bozo's incompetence.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 May 2021, 21:28.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The new PSU didn't fix my PC. I don't have the means to test each component to find out what the issue is so it's time to find a new PC

Comment

Lunch was Heinz tomato soup, to which I added a generous pinch of chilli flakes and grated a bit of cheese on top.

Comment

The thunderstorm never materialised and has disappeared from the forecast

Comment

Scotch broth and wholemeal bread for lunch. Delicious and nutritious

We've had some rain, but it's brightened up a bit now. But the rain will supposedly be back soon, though our thunderstorms have also been downgraded away
                Last edited by NickFitz; 17 May 2021, 12:37. Reason: It's broth, not brith :rolleyes:

Comment

Links are up

Better get back to work now

Comment

Broccoli & stilton soup and 2 slices of Hovis Granary.

I did manage to see Siberia with Keanu sadly disappointing. Though we did see Molly Ringwald with her kit off so not all bad. (Keanu was flashing the flesh for the ladies)

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Thunder!

And much rain.

Comment

Working...
                      X