• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Hope he's OK
    WNS.
    afternoon peeps
    Billy Liar struck again, i insulted a cyclist.
    i hate cyclists.*
    grey here, second wash on, first on clotheshorse.

*I don't care much for Billy Liar either

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post
      WNS.
      afternoon peeps
      Billy Liar struck again, i insulted a cyclist.
      i hate cyclists.*
      grey here, second wash on, first on clotheshorse.

*I don't care much for Billy Liar either

Comment

Family Zoom call including New Zealand tomorrow morning, so looks like I'll be getting an early night tonight

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Raining steadily now

Comment

still dry here, but it's in the post.
              lunch was sausage rolls.
              washing all on dryer now.
              2 more loads when that's dry (prob Monday) and i'm up to speed.
              i've been putting my chores off a bit lately.
              work and my partner's mental health have priority.

Comment

Can't-be-bothered lunch of a couple of rounds of buttered wholemeal toast

I was thinking of making some sausage rolls, but I'll do them tomorrow or Monday.

Comment

Lunch: Heinz vegetable soup with added white & black pepper and hot smoked paprika.

Nearly blew my head off.

Yellow corner yog. 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Tea: the last portion of bol from the freezer with the requisite quantity of spag. Nice enough.

Stewed pears orange segments and custard. O.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The afternoon has been wasted spent potching about with that Radiomobile 4220 car wireless which has reached a state that's as good as it's likely to get.

After all, Swansea Sound is my preferred listening.

Plus there's no car to put it in anyway.

Then it was onwards and downwards to the Murphy U144 wireless that graced the shed for a good 35 years or more.

It's an AC/DC transportable table wireless and, as such, is fairly lethal to work on since the chassis is connected to the neutral side of the mains since there's no mains transformer.

If you wire the plug wrong, then the chassis is connected to the live which makes no difference to the wireless but makes a bit difference to you if you forget.

Ran it up on a variac to be greeted with sizzles from, it transpired, a shorted waxed capacitor.

Even when that had been chopped out, and a decent enough HT of 180V obtained, there was a brief crackle from the loudspeaker and that was it.

From the looks of things it's going to be a looooong job.

Entertainment: TBD.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

New "Santa Maria" asado grill fitted into outdoor BBQ, eventually. Took 2.5 hours of wood fire to season it, which left a lovely bed of embers.

0.978Kg of Angus rump was grilled as a late breakfast, sliced onto lovely rolls with a fresh Chimichurri, made with herbs from the garden. 4 of us ate well.

Who will get the super-Pali?
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                      Who will get the super-Pali?
                      BP, in the night.
                      when no-one's watching.

Comment

Working...
                      X