• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Overcast but dry. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 6) with a high of 11 later. Cloud set to remain for the day but it quite bright still, at the moment. Rain expected overnight. Barometer down to 1016 mbar.

Slept rather well, another busy day ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Then Disney+ suggested I watch some dramatisation of the life of Albert Einstein, and it's the most godawful clumsy dramatisation of anything I've ever seen. I'm going to watch the rest of it just to see how much they can **** it up
      No doubt it lacked the appropriate theme:

Morning.

Dark.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warm in here at 14.3 deg.

1013 mBar, 29.91 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 14.69 psi, 64% RH.

Thursday apparently.

The accumlated tins seem to have gone the way of all recycling.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the drizzle during which more cans were observed, fresh since yesterday afternoon. :

Lunch: pea & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84%.

Entertainment: JMS commentary on Bab5 S2 E16 "In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum". Mildly inneresting.

Bab5 S2 E17 "Knives" wherein Londo has a fight & yes, those really are knives.

Bab5 S2 E18 "Confessions & Lamentations": wherein A Plague afflicts the station, rather more seriously than our current affliction.

Tea: fiery chilli con carne with rice, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Leslie Howard.

Quantum Leap S4 E15 "A song for the soul". Boring.

So: Bab5 S2 E19 "Divided Loyalties": a touch of the Treadstones in this one.
      ​​​​
      Discovering Matthew Broderick.

Trucking Hell S5 E10: no Rory.

Bab5 S2 E20 "The Long Twilight Struggle". Things go badly for the Narn.

One has observed, with little innerest it must be said, that Sky Arts are showing a prog tomorrow at 18:50 involving PF "The Endless River".

I don't think I'll bother.

Bab5 S2 E21 "Comes the Inquisitor": a bit gruesome this one, with a taste for fried kidney.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 February 2022, 23:40.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Found poor little dead shrew in passage by my house earlier. Sad! Probably damn cat did it.

Loony lady 1 wants to wash her car on my drive after our walk today. Why do I suspect she really means she wants me to wash it? Will have to fake a back injury.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Yet another mild but cloudy day, with 10°C expected to soar to 11° shortly. The barometers are on their way down though at 1003/1011mB, and there's rain expected overnight

Comment

I've got Wordle in two for three days in a row!

Comment

The recycling bin is almost empty; one half-full bag in the bottom. So I won't be bothering with a trundle today

Comment

Another one of those busy days.

HWMBO made me a very nice cocktail at 5.30pm so I logged off and gave up for the day.

Dinner was takeaway from Addies Thai on Earls Court Road accompanied by a couple of episodes of The Great British Menu.

Comment

Tea: gammon, fried eggs, chips and beans

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

sdfasdfasdf
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X