• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Still cloudy! But it's a relatively toasty morning, being 11 degrees already. The expected high is 13. The sun might poke its nose out but I'm not counting on it. Barometer down to 1027 mBar.

Logged on at 0730 as planned, kicked off a couple of scripts, messaged my BA partner who replied to say they'd just done the same thing We're both so keen to get shot of this thing that we both got up a bit early to get it started. He's gone for a coffee and to have breakfast while I update CUK

Next on my to-do list is to take down last weekend's now well dried bed linen and put it away so I can use the space for clothes that are about to go into the WM.

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Wet.

Chilly. 13.5 deg in here.

1029 mBar, 30.39 in Hg, 771.8 Torr, 14.924 psi, 63% RH.

Saturday.

Lunch: the last of the chilli chicken meatballs with rice (and some sweet chilli sauce to spice it up a bit), a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84%.

Entertainment: Bab5 S1 E19 "A voice in the wilderness": the Great Machine gets a new user.

Bab5 S1 E20 "Babylon Squared" : the return of Bab4 and the advent of Zathras (who used to be a user here back in the day, long long ago).

Bab5 S1 E21 "The Quality of Mercy": magic alien medical machine.

Tea: penultimate portion of fiery bol with spag, the remaining peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Bab5 S1 E22 "Chrysalis" wherein someone is (eventually) transfigured and someone else gets shot.

Bab5 S2 E1 "Points of Departure": wherein the new Captain is assigned.

The transfer on S2 is even fecking worse than the transfer on S1 with the tops of people's head chopped off quite regularly.

Bab5 S2 E2 "Revelations": A new actress for Na'toth. I'd not realised that before. Molari is beginning to realise the tulipe he's got himself & the Centauri into. More Mr Morden.

UFO: The hidden evidence S2 E3 on Dmax: more UFO bollox, slightly more laid back than the Ancient Aliens bollox on Blaze a bit earlier.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 January 2022, 23:39.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

All checks were done and hand over to the vendor was achieved roughly two hours ahead of schedule.

WM emptied and the contents hung up.

Toast had for breakfast.

Contemplating running a hoover over the floors.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny out, and mild at 11°C; barometers down at 1018/1026mB

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              All checks were done and hand over to the vendor was achieved roughly two hours ahead of schedule.

Comment

Late lunch: a hot dog

Comment

We discovered that a user has continued to create new project folders in the old system when they're supposed to be doing it in the new. Turns out they haven't been sent any comms because they were not on the user list supplied by the business. I speculated they may be new, perhaps. I then checked who has write access to the old system who hasn't been granted access to the new. Circa 244 users, of which half are members of the department who own the data.

Quick conflab with the PM - when we send out our "successfully migrated" comms tomorrow, we're going to include all 244 people (to date, we've been communicating to the people expected to use the new system, not everyone using the old) and inviting them to talk to their BU rep if they don't have access

Still waiting on the vendor to finish doing their bit.

Comment

Just noticed there's a new series of 24 Hours in A&E on C4

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Just noticed there's a new series of 24 Hours in A&E on C4
                      That's just the queue. Nobody ever gets as far as receiving treatment

Comment

Working...
                      X