• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Morning.
    Did you have a power cut this morning? Western Power Distribution were apologising for one in your neck of the woods around 8am on Twitter, saying they hoped to have it sorted by 9:30.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Did you have a power cut this morning? Western Power Distribution were apologising for one in your neck of the woods around 8am on Twitter, saying they hoped to have it sorted by 9:30.
      We didn't, but the Sonos in our bedroom did an update around 3.30am, which involved it flashing red, green and white for a few mins.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch was fish fingers in a seeded flat bread.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Not that I noticed; the boiler didn't restart which would have attracted my attention what with it being in the airing cupboard (full of computers) in the bedroom.

I was probably dozing at the time, though I do remember a curious thump being emitted by the wireless.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: bacon cob

And then: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

A bit early today, it seems - despite tomorrow being bin day, most houses I passed hadn't yet put their recycling bags out for my inspection

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Not that I noticed; the boiler didn't restart which would have attracted my attention what with it being in the airing cupboard (full of computers) in the bedroom.

I was probably dozing at the time, though I do remember a curious thump being emitted by the wireless.
              I think the wording might have been "some customers", implying it wasn't the entire area, so looks like you dodged that bullet

Comment

The recycling has been sorted out and taken down, which filled the recycling bin to capacity; so that has been trundled forth in all its pomp

A few weeks ago it was dark by this time. The sun hasn't even set yet. Takes me by surprise every year
                Last edited by NickFitz; 27 January 2022, 16:30.

Comment

Went for me walk late PM to catch the late sunshine. 1st day in 3 without loony ladies but 2 loony lady days to come.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Dinner was baked potato with cheese and beans.

Watching Inside the Factory, all about tortilla chips.

Comment

Tea: breaded chunky haddock with chips and beans

I'm also on Inside the Factory but an earlier episode, about making Doc Martens.

And there was a shortened The Repair Shop earlier while my MBA was installing software updates

Comment

Working...
                      X