• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a watch of Why Ships Crash, following NF's recent recommendation. I may follow it with the one about bridges

Comment

Tea: chicken madras, rice and naan. Very tasty

Accompanied by the first bit of a new Trucking Hell in which a new Crouch Recovery bod (Stephen, I think?) had to recover a stuck lorry from Cossington Street Rec, across the city in Belgrave

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I did indeed watch the programme about bridges falling down.

Followed by the latest episode of The Repair Shop with that bonkers bike and lightening generator (which was very cool indeed).

Comment

If you're wondering where that café is that Rory went to in Trucking Hell, praising the quality of the sausages, it's on the A47 in Rutland: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.59...7875338,17.47z

Might pop in there next time I'm headed over to the antiquarian bookshop in Oakham

Comment

Further viewing tonight was an Air Crash Investigation I've seen before, but it's a good one, being the Alaskan Lockheed Electra that casually discarded its number four propeller in flight, which then cut a large hole across the cabin floor, which in turn jammed the control cables making it impossible to control manually - despite all of which, the crew managed to make an emergency landing at Anchorage without anybody being injured

And then Ice Road Rescue, which is basically Trucking Hell but on the mountain roads of Norway in winter. As you can imagine, conditions are a little different to Cossington Street Rec, though the recovery drivers swear just as much if not more

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

It's overcast and dull again! Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) with a high of 11 expected. The sun might make an appearance this afternoon. Barometer has finally moved, down to 1027 mBar.

Tired this morning, didn't want to get up. Not looking forward to an 8am start on Saturday

Comment

Morning all
                  Couldn't get out of bed this morning for a walk - felt like I'd been steamrollered overnight.
                  So, The DogTW has just had a run around the garden.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Grey.

Wet.

Drizzly.

Warmer at 13.4 deg in here.

1027 mBar, 30.33 in Hg, 770.3 Torr, 14.89 psi, 63% RH.

Thursday apparently.

The recycling & waste disposal engineers had done their thing whilst I was still asleep, wasn't woken up by the glass bin being emptied.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the initial grey gloom, then drizzle, then the sun came out from patches of blue sky.

Lunch: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich, nonpippy red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: You & Yours waffling on about the MC insurance debacle.

Followed by "The Coming Storm" parts V, VI, and VII. (That speed up playback thing is really useful).

I'm not quite sure what that all proved, other than the infinite idiocy of humankind but there you go, what with WWIII about to start I don't suppose it matters overmuch.

Off out now to buy more baked beans.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

Bought some genoa cake (I wanted an iced slice of fruit cake but haven't seen one since a fortnight before xmas) which seems to have been devoured rather rapidly, though there's still half of it left.

Lovely sunny afternoon, made the trip to Tesco quite pleasant it being rather warmer than of late.

Watched the poor little sods on the skool playing fields enduring the rugby, something I cordially loathed & stayed as far away from the ball as possible back in the long gone days of more than half a century ago.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea. Oh, and some genoa cake.

Entertainment: Discovering Ernest Borgnine.

Quantum Leap S4 E10 "Unchained": the chain gang one. Septic "justice" at its finest.

NCIS LA S11 E19 "Fortune favours (or favors) the brave". Better than the recent average.

Trucking Hell S5 E9. No Rory.

I see that BBC3 has just reappeared on Freesat. I thought the beeb were strapped for cash?

Judging by the number of BBC1 channels they've got bundles of it.

Bab5 S1 E13 "Signs & Portents": shadowy hints of Things To Come.

Commentary by JMS on the above.

Bab5 S1 E14 "TKO": dull MMA fighting, along with someone sitting shiva.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 January 2022, 16:44.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

There' been some rain overnight, bringing an end to the precipitation-free spell. But now the cloud is clearing up and some wan sunshine is starting to get through, with more forecast for later. Mild too: 10°C at the moment, though that'll head down to 8° this afternoon. Barometers on the way down at 1018/1025mB

Comment

Working...
                      X