• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

No signal. Some bit he said he couldn't replace as dish is ancient, that knobby thing on the end I think. With the new one got all me channels back in no time.
    Ah, the LNB.

I've gone through several of those. Lidl did a nice selection back in the day for £3 each.

I'm still using the two Lidl dishes I bought yonks ago, the sky dish came down off the chimney since it was impossible to access and the chimney was taken down when the roof was replaced.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Ah, the LNB.

I've gone through several of those. Lidl did a nice selection back in the day for £3 each.

I'm still using the two Lidl dishes I bought yonks ago, the sky dish came down off the chimney since it was impossible to access and the chimney was taken down when the roof was replaced.
      Your occasional reminder that if you use a Freesat box, there's a possibility you have some of my code in your living room

Comment

So that's why it keeps recording Monkey Life.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          So that's why it keeps recording Monkey Life.
          It works!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It works!
            Nice Easter egg there
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Delicious tea this evening: pork chops (cooked in the Remoska) with chips, peas and gravy

Accompanied by an S4 episode (shortened version) of The Repair Shop

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Dinner was a chicken and rice thing I'd made a while ago and froze portions of.

Ents was UC and OC then a bit more Digging for Britain and an old episode of The Repair Shop plus a WILTY.

Then some pecan and salted caramel ice-cream as I had a hankering for such and wisely keep a small tub in the freezer just in case.

Comment

Having devoted some time recently to all that superhero bollocks, I realised I ought to watch some stuff that isn't bollocks.

So tonight's first major motion picture premiere was Promising Young Woman (2020), in which Cassandra seeks redress for the wrongs done some years prior to her friend Nina. I thought this was excellent

And then another premiere: The Lighthouse (2019). This is in black and white and with a 1:1 aspect ratio, which is unusual by any standards. It also has the best black and white cinematography I've seen since Powell and Pressburger switched to Technicolor, and is weird and disturbing in all the right ways. I'm not sure I dare watch this again though

And then I rewatched The Intern because I do that a lot. Also, those previous two really are a lot, so some light relief was needed

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but dry. Currently 6 degrees and that's the high for the day. The sun might make an appearance this afternoon. Barometer down a touch to 1035 mBar.

Back at the coal face this morning. It's all billable though. Hopefully we'll have completed the go-live by tomorrow afternoon and we'll be shot of what has been a very challenging department to work with.

Comment

Working...
                      X