• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Sounds like my Dad might need a pacemaker. Turns out they're pretty straightforward to install these days - local anaesthetic, and often home the same day
    My dad had one fitted 4 years ago. Does a great job, and yes a relatively easy op.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Telly whilst dining was more of that thing with Trading Standards raiding places selling fake trainers and so on. Not very interesting, but it's something to ignore whilst eating

And then a bit of a Gomorrah-fest: S1E3 L'omm 'e casa (TV Episode 2014); S1E4 Sangue africano (TV Episode 2014); and S1E5 Il ruggito della leonessa (TV Episode 2014)

During which the police showed up over the way, blocking the side road with two cars while a couple more lurked further up by the next side road. After about half-an-hour, they all went away again. No idea what they were up to, but if it was anything good it'll probably show up on their Twitter account

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        Nice day out, pleasant temperature, no wind and high clouds.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky, dry. Chilly at 2 degrees with a high of 6 later. Barometer has bounced back up to 1033 mBar.

Another busy day at the coal face beckons.

Slept well but perhaps too well as I'm still a bit groggy.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cold in here at 12.7 deg.

1035 mBar, 30.56 in Hg, 776.3 Torr, 15.011 psi, 63% RH.

Thursday.

Couldn't be arsed to put the recycling out so I'll have to tread the tins/plastic bottles bin to get more in.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the bright sunshine & blue skies.

Met the chap from Ye Olde & Newe Sloughe of Desponde again, this time with his Mrs (I assume).

Lunch: lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

Tea: fiery chilli con carne with rice, some pear halves, a yog or two, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Janet Leigh.

Discovering Jeremy Irons (from last Thursday).

Quantum Leap S4 E5 "Permanent Wave": the one where he's a hairdresser.

NCIS LA S11 E14 "Commitment Issues". All about the Chinese wanting a specially design browser for population control or some such.

Discovering Emma Thompson. Not stunningly gripping; it would appear I've watched some of her early stuff, some of the middle stuff, and bit of the later stuff, however I've missed all of the Shakespeare I'm happy to say. And all the lovey dovey stuff.

Trucking Hell S5 E8. ?Rory?: Probably Not. Indeed not, however Michael was busy towing a 150 tonne large load up a hill (not that it'd be regarded as a hill around here, but there you go).

Bit of the usual UFO nonsense on Blaze: I think I'm suffering from Roswell (1999) withdrawal symptoms.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 January 2022, 23:27.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny day but frosty with it, though a triangular area of the outbuilding roof has now been reached by the sun and thawed. Currently 2°C, which isn't a lot but we're only going to get to 4° before it starts cooling down again; barometers are back up high at 1030/1037

Comment

Busy busy. However as I'm waiting on scripts to run I have time to pop in and inform the collective that my afternoon snack is a coffee and an out of date mince pie.

I noticed that the stollen slices and mince pies left over from Christmas were past their best before date so probably best I eat them

Comment

Lunch: the last of the not-as-good-as-usual Scotch broth from a few weeks back, with the last crust of multiseed bread and a thick crust of wholemeal

Still pleasant-looking out but only 4°C. Suppose I ought to go for my walk at some point, even so

Comment

Odd. Sunset but it's the sky to the east that looked pink. Think the sun's got it wrong again.

PS Quick Google, it's called The Belt of Venus
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 20 January 2022, 16:41.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It was indeed a little chilly, enough so that I put my wooly hat on about a third of the way in

Annoyingly, the Amazon Locker delivery that I could have made a trivial detour for at the end arrived about five minutes after I got back in

But I need to sort out the recycling and trundle the bin forth, so I'll pop along and get it when I do that

Comment

Working...
                      X