• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I wouldn't hold out much hope - as you seem to have missed a very obvious zentury post.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all
      0.5C out, the lane was a bit slippy but there was an amazing moonset.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

^^^Noticed the zenchury last night but couldn't be arsed.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cold in here at 12.5 deg.

1037 mBar, 30.622 in Hg, 777.8 Torr, 15.04 psi, 63% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming brightly in the sunshine.

Shopping trips to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & about to be put away. Should be sufficient to keep me going in heavy stuff for a while.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: lying Tory scum lying at me & the country on TWAO.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked. Managed to avoid that talkative chap again. Didn't have to lie about needing a dump today.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 84%.

Tea: lambs liver with onions & bacon, the last of the peach slices, a yog (the last of the BBE today ones), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Rex Harrison: seen it before & it wasn't particularly inneresting then. Which is why I'm typing this.

Quantum Leap S4 E2 "Play ball": yet another fecking baseball one.

NCIS LA S11 E11 "Answers". And after the tedious QL, then there's this infinitely tedious dross. Feck me. Shoot some fecker for feck's fecking sake.

Oak Island nutjobbery. "Staking their claim". More tedium. wood. More fecking wood. wood with bits of iron in. bits of iron with wood in. Bits of coal. A top pocket find. The ark of the covenant. The true cross. Shakespear's typewriter. The Holy Grail. ***delete where applicable.

Wood. ?tunnel? More wood. A copper penny. A "cane topper". An iron ring.

Said "cane topper" is alleged to be a lipstick case.

More wood: pointy stake: obvious signs of BTVS hunting vamps.

NCIS S18 E3 "Blood and Treasure": if Gary's in it I'll fecking suffer a TIA.

Goodness me, Tom "Biff Tannen" Wilson just turned up in NCIS.

Roswell S3 E14 "Chant down babylon": thankfully that made up for the truly dire QL & NCIS LA eps.

I thought the bottled water was tasting a bit odd: turns out it's tonic water, yet another purchasing error, and, being riddled with artificial sweeteners, it's given me a headache.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 January 2022, 23:51.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Bright sunny day out

Comparatively warm too, given that such days are usually cold at this time of year: currently 6°C with 8° expected later. It's still frosty on the roofs out the back that the sun hasn't reached, though. Barometers soaring again at 1030/1038mB, though maybe that's just overpressure from another volcanic eruption the other side of the world fifteen hours ago; I haven't checked the news yet so can't be sure it isn't

Fairly rubbish night's sleep because I kept half-waking for no good reason - no unpleasant dreams or anything, and far from cold. Eventually I wondered if I was, for a change, too warm, as it seemed not to be a massively chilly night and thanks to the electric thing it was toasty. So I threw back the furry throws that do such an excellent job of trapping heat in the bed when laid over the duvet (fur side down, of course), and it gradually cooled down a bit and I slept better after that. As Renton says in Trainspotting, it's a tightrope

Comment

Did an LFT when I got up, just in case all that walking up and down the road, getting the car fixed, and going to Greggs had had calamitous consequences. Negative

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              I wouldn't hold out much hope - as you seem to have missed a very obvious zentury post.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Did an LFT when I got up, just in case all that walking up and down the road, getting the car fixed, and going to Greggs had had calamitous consequences. Negative
                I need to do my Day 2 LFT (today being Day 1) to see if Malta infected me or not.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Following a visit to Babylonstoren in 2015 where we saw lots of Clivia growing through the dappled shade of the trees by the river...

In 2017 The WifeTM gave me a Clivia as a present. In the UK they are an indoor plant as they don't cope well below 5oC.
                    They are notoriously difficult to grow from seed, instead they are normally grown by division. I germinated one seed successfully in 2018 and today a single flower opened...

The parent plant is in the background, I've already divided off one other from it, and there are 3 more ready to be divided from it

Just a little win on blue monday.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I need to do my Day 2 LFT (today being Day 1) to see if Malta infected me or not.
                      I am disease free!

Comment

Working...
                      X