• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

because no wipers
    You broke the law there, better delete before the police search CUK.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Anyway, such pondering didn't distract me from the most important part of the walk back: stopping off at Greggs for a breakfast baguette, which I shall now eat
      That was absolutely delicious

I did my usual thing of ordering extra sausage and bacon. I don't know if it was due to a mixup, or an inexperienced worker, or if they've started putting three sausages in there by default instead of two; but either way, I ended up with four sausages rather than the three I was expecting. Strongly recommend

Comment

Morning all

It's a sunshine and showers day today. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 14 expected.

Yesterday we went to Mdina for the afternoon. HWMBO was impressed that simple things like a sandwich on local bread was actually very good even if the cafe had "tourist trap! stay away!" vibes. Dinner was in the Michelen starred hotel restaurant. Very delicious.

Having a relaxing start to the day, not sure what we're going to do yet.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

You broke the law there, better delete before the police search CUK.
          They've missed their chance at gathering the evidence though - well, assuming it gets fixed

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

They've missed their chance at gathering the evidence though - well, assuming it gets fixed
            It's a vague area of rule of the road, but if the problem just occurred and you are driving to get it fixed, then there is a bit of wriggle room.
            https://www.gov.uk/stopped-by-police...h-your-vehicle
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

It's a vague area of rule of the road, but if the problem just occurred and you are driving to get it fixed, then there is a bit of wriggle room.
              https://www.gov.uk/stopped-by-police...h-your-vehicle
              The problem occurred on Christmas morning, so it would have been difficult to find anywhere to get it fixed then

Comment

BREAKING: "The linkage to the wiper blades is broken". Won't be ready until tomorrow

Comment

Very sunny day at my volunteer thing today. Hard work though, clearing gorse and stuff, knackered. And bit of ash from the bonfire landed on me head, think my bald spot just got a bit bigger,
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Longer than usual today as I went to town and back for a change. Popped into Waterstones and got a couple of books, just in case I find any space in the flat that needs filling

Comment

Mundane laundry done and draped

Comment

Working...
                      X