• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch, by the way, was a toasted teacake slathered in butter

Comment

Oh, and my Mum's birthday card did arrive this morning; she was very pleased with it, so the mad dash to the sorting office at the end of the universe was worth it

Comment

Tea: chicken casserole, incorporating white wine - fancy!

And before that, I remembered to make the bed

Comment

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's telly has been the old standbys: new Traffic Cops with dinner; and then Air Crash Investigation about a small Venezuelan passenger plane that flew into a mountain for no obvious reason

Early night now, as the Corolla goes to have its windscreen wiper woes investigated and, I hope, repaired in the morning. I'm wondering if it could be a switch or some such in the stalk, as they were on intermittent and seemed to fail when I switched to normal; though it's also possible that they'd already failed, and the lack of intermittent wipes led to a buildup of spray which made me make the switch. Ah well, I daresay we'll find out tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Breakfast - chicken & bacon pasta
              Lunch - stir fry with pate
              tea - haddock fishcakes with salad

Ents - Amnesia with Mr Nesbitt - pretty good nice twists. Then "The Bench" what seems a sadly on the nose summary of our justice system.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning all

Crunchy grass this morning and slippery on the lane, but a beautiful start to the day.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Frosty.

Cold in here at 12.8 deg.

1039 mBar, 30.68 in Hg, 779.3 Torr, 15.07 psi, 64% RH.

Thursday.

Walk (delayed to allow the frost to melt a bit) (unabbreviated) walked. Interestingly slippery in parts the sun hadn't reached.

Lunch: a Pukka chicken pie (several days past BBE) with Heinz baked beans, two yogs, a bramble jelly & a marmalade sandwich on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It's 16.5 deg in here now.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 84%.

Tea: the first portion of what's turned out to be remarkably fiery chilli con carne with rice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Peter Sellers.

Quantum Leap S3 E21 "Shock Theater": the one in the mental hospital in the 1950s. ECT at its finest & most barbaric.

NCIS LA S11 E8 "Human Resources"

Discovering Jeremy Irons.

Trucking Hell S5 E8. I wonder if Rory is in this one. Doesn't look like it, but Merrie is.

I see there's another Bruce Willis/EFO wonder production on this evening: Marauders (2016).

I'm not bothering.

Roswell S2 E20 "Off the menu" wherein a VR experiment goes a bit wrong.

Roswell S2 E21 "Departure" wherein one of the aliens buggers off back whence it came.

S3 next up, the weakest & shortest (at 18 eps) of the 3 seasons, showoing on a different channel: UPN instead of WB.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 January 2022, 11:22.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Frosty start today; it was 0°C when I got up, and it still is

Sunny though

The cars were exceedingly frosty when I went out to take the Corolla for fixing, to the extent that trying to use the scraper on the windscreen only took off a thin top layer of the frost, the majority of it remaining in situ. So I had to run it for a while to melt it all with the heaters; and then I had to wipe all the melted frost off the windscreen, because no wipers

But I finally got on my way, and dropped the car off, and walked back. I was thinking about the different approach car mechanics have to bug reports on the way back. I'm automatically ready with all the details of "I was doing Y, and toggled switch Z…" and so on. But when you get there, it's "What's wrong?" "Front windscreen wipers aren't working." "OK, anything else?" I suppose they've got the entire environment in front of them for testing, and assume (probably correctly) that most users don't actually know what's relevant and are best ignored

Anyway, such pondering didn't distract me from the most important part of the walk back: stopping off at Greggs for a breakfast baguette, which I shall now eat

Comment

Got up a bit late and mad rush to get ready for my volunteery thing. Then checked emails and it's at 9.45, not 9.30. Phew! Time for a cup of coffee.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X