• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: Scotch broth with multiseed bread. I don't know if it was the overnight cooking time, but this latest batch of soup is absolutely delicious

Comment

Uneventful day here in Kensington. HWMBO heard back from Jeroboam about the fake wine they sold us - we're getting a full refund once we drop off the demo bottle.

HWMBO has made a very delicious mushroom, truffle and chestnut risotto which is being washed down with a bottle of 2017 La Cetto.

We decided a film was in order and settle on the first Resident Evil. It's 20 years old

Comment

Oh and in tat on TV news, we watched various things like HIGNFY and Never Mind the Buzzcocks, and OC before I treated HWMBO to an episode of Oak Island.

Comment

The next fillum on deck is Hotel Artemis (2017)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            The next fillum on deck is Hotel Artemis (2017)
            I decided that, whilst this is a very good film, I wasn't in the mood for something so serious. It was replaced with Bride and Prejudice (2004)

Comment

I decided that, whilst this is a very good film, I wasn't in the mood for something so serious. It was replaced with Bride and Prejudice (2004)
              Apparently the one with zombies is worth a look.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

We decided a film was in order and settle on the first Resident Evil. It's 20 years old
                I watched it the other night and was also taken aback when I realised that

Most telly today was just the standard customs and police rubbish that gets endlessly repeated, to which I didn't pay a great deal of attention

And then part 2 of The Girl Who Played With Fire, being the original Swedish TV versions of the Millennium trilogy, currently available on iPlayer. Good stuff

The weather forecast is talking of sleet on Tuesday and snow on Friday. Looks like our nice mild spell is coming to an end

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warm at 15.6 deg in here.

1006 mBar, 29.7 in Hg, 754.6 Torr, 68% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming again.

Bored. Now.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey.

Freecell score: 100% (of 4), running average 84%.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz Customs thing: Yet More "foods" and "medicine". For a change there's a suitcase full of Chinese pills.

More component measuring and making of a list of values & such like, which revealed that some ancient 1k carbon composition resistors live up to their evil reputation of drifting in value like nobody's business: 1k marking: actual value 1.5k.

Tea: more of the chicken with carrots & onions, some tinned pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Walter Matthau.

Quantum Leap S3 E14 "Private Dancer": boring. Almost as tedious as the really tedious baseball, septic football, or basketball ones.

NCIS S10 E22 "No more secrets".

Oak Island nutjobbery: S8 E15 "Cask & you shall receive".

More wood. More ox shoe nails. More wood. Bits of cask. Mud. Same old same old.

Roswell S1 E20 "Max to the Max".

Roswell S1 E21 "The White Room".

Roswell S1 E22 "Destiny".

Which wraps up S1.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 January 2022, 00:09.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, currently 8°C with 10° due by lunchtime, but then falling back to 9° in the afternoon, accompanied by cloud. Rain due overnight, possibly even snow before sunrise. Barometer negligibly down at 998/1006mB

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      And then part 2 of The Girl Who Played With Fire, being the original Swedish TV versions of the Millennium trilogy, currently available on iPlayer. Good stuff
                      Oh, I forgot: before that I watched The Signalman starring Denholm Elliott, being the BBC's 1976 adaptation of Dickens's ghost story. Only on iPlayer for another couple of days!

Comment

Working...
                      X