• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday night special: thick-cut ribeye steak with chips, fried onions and beans

Feeling rather full now. It's possible there didn't need to be quite that many chips, though none of them went to waste

Comment

I didn't really have any dinner in the end. I had a mild hankering for a pizza but, when it came to ordering, I just couldn't be bothered.

No TV this evening and nothing noteworthy done with the time either.

All a bit on the meh side.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I didn't really have any dinner in the end. I had a mild hankering for a pizza but, when it came to ordering, I just couldn't be bothered.

No TV this evening and nothing noteworthy done with the time either.

All a bit on the meh side.
        Friday nights aren't the same without a CUK meetup, are they?

My dinner telly was a bit of that car impounding thing from C5 that zeity DrS didn't think much of. I didn't either. Trucking Hell is about problem solving; this is just about taking a vehicle while the owner thereof complains, then maybe giving it back while they complain some more. They may be in the wrong, but it's still just revelling in peoples' misery. And yes, they deserve to be miserable if they're uninsured or untaxed or something like that, but watching the guilty be miserable for their sins isn't too far from televised executions. And if they're recovering a stolen vehicle and having to pay for the storage it just grates even more. Not my idea of entertainment

So on to my idea of entertainment: part three of Get Back, and cracking stuff it is (usual caveat: if you like the Beatles, which you don't have to if you don't want to)

Although I loved it for the music alone, I have to add that as someone who has from time to time been in the situation of dealing with the police when they couldn't actually arrest me but would really love it if I did something that meant they could, I deeply appreciated the footage concerning the coppers that had the unenviable duty of breaking up the rooftop gig. The gradual eroding of confidence in their situation of the beat coppers on the hidden camera in Apple reception, the determined stride of the sergeant who was sent down there at their urgent entreaty, his impeccable politeness dealing with the receptionist when he arrived, and Ringo's vaguely anxious glances back at them all standing at the door on to the roof whilst maintaining an impeccable beat throughout the final couple of numbers: Beatles drumming and British policing at their finest, though the coppers really shouldn't have been trying to stop it in the first place

All in all, I have absolutely loved all three parts of this, and have no regrets over having paid for a year of Disney+ so I can watch it and now watch it all again at leisure, and study certain parts in more detail. I just hope they release it on Blu-ray or something within the next year so I don't have to renew the subscription

And then… would I rewatch The Devil Wears Prada so soon after the last time of watching? OK, yes, I would. I like it

Goodnight all

Comment

^^^ Dunno if I'll watch E2 of that give my car back thing. It's very meh & not improved by Michael.

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny in a very sunny sort of way.

Colder at 14.5 deg in here.

1035 mBar (down from 1038 mBar yesterday evening), 30.56 in Hg, 776.3 Torr, 64% RH.

Saturday.

What with the blue sky & sunshine it looks very much as if the weather's borked again.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Walk (unabbreviated despite shopping trip) walked in the pleasant sunshine.

Lunch: chicken meatballs in chilli sauce with Thai rice, a red corner yog, sandwiches: bramble jelly on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread & marmalade on crust of same, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Ancient Alien bollocks, it being slightly less irritating than Any Questions & Any Answers.

Reading the Coal Authority report on the Skewen flood outburst, all 160 pages of it.

Playing Freecell whilst harumphing at Ancient Aliens bollox isn't conducive to A Good Score.

Tea: spag and fiery bol, rather nicely hotter after a fortnight's sojourn, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Yet More Ancient Aliens Bollox: apparently all developments since 1947 are due to reverse engineering the Roswell ship.

Endless Ancient Aliens bollox eventually ended with Shiva and some other bollox about some himalyan mountain housing the usual UFO base etc.

Thing about Charles Dickens that was less than gripping.

Thing about the hen pecked Dick Strawbridge and the endless repairs to the chateau: he's just massacred an imperial spanner to make a non rusting staple for some stonework.

On which happy note I had a brief search for "It's not easy being green" which was the series he made with his first family back in 2005 or so, which is unavailable to view on dvd, though some of it is available on the tube.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 December 2021, 22:36.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Same weather as previous. Dull, overcast, dry. Currently 9 degrees and that's where it'll stay. Barometer still at 1039 mBar.

Just waiting on a LFT result before I go out and meet with some friends for the day. UPDATE: negative

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            The last deep coal mine in Great Britain at Kellingley Colliery in North Yorkshire closes 2015

We are back to one fact a day to the end of the year as it was on this day last year that I started reporting the fact of the day.
            Undecided what I'll do in 2022 as Kantar haven't issued diaries again.
            Last edited by ladymuck; 18 December 2021, 10:56.

Comment

Took loony lady 1's little car for a run. After going up road stuck in what seemed to 1st gear I had to come back and do a Google on how to drive it. I hate automatic cars!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Unsurprisingly enough it's another grey day, 6°C and maybe rising to 7° with added fog tonight, and the barometers remain high (if down a tiny bit) at 1031/1039mB

Comment

Late lunch: Scotch broth and multiseed bread, again, because I needed to make room in the freezer for leftover curry from the other night

Comment

I've decided I'm not going to the Chinese tonight. However, I may well go there tomorrow night instead

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I've decided I'm not going to the Chinese tonight. However, I may well go there tomorrow night instead
                      Is it open on Sundays? My favourite chippy isn't opened on Sunday or Monday.

Watching Strictly. Wondering how a deaf person can dance to music they can't feel the beat to.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X