• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just noticed the time!

Guess who hasn't made the bed yet...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Just noticed the time!

Guess who hasn't made the bed yet...
      Rookie mistake

Comment

Telly, apart from Monkey Life this afternoon and some traffic cop stuff whilst dining, was the "extended version" (i.e. with four things being fixed rather than three) from S5 of The Repair Shop, featuring (among other delights) a very fine old sausage-making machine

Early night now as I'm knackered, not just by the early start for the Zoom call this morning but also by having had a pretty rubbish night's sleep last night - probably because of fretting about getting up in time for the Zoom call

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          Overcast and rainy here, about 6C.
          Was on my way back from walking The Dogtw at 7.30 when the doorbell sensor pinged me. The tree surgeons had arrived.
          Last of the big leylandi coming down today/tomorrow. It's positioned to the south east of the house, about equidistant from the house and live power lines. It's also about 3x the height of the house or 4x the height of the power lines.
          Have moved two of our cameras so we can watch it from our offices.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Sunless.

Cold at 13.6 deg in here.

Down from 1010 mBar to 1005 mBar, 29.677 in Hg, 753.8 Torr, 60% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine shining particularly brightly, not helped by the poem on Today this morning and the chap taking his very elderly mum around Tesco yesterday morning which brought back some memories and not in a good way. Ho hum.

Walk (unabbreviated & unextended) walked in the fitful sunshine, bluish sky in parts, increasingly muddy mud.

Whistling stuff from "The Final Cut" which is never A Good Sign.

Thusly youtubed said epic: The Final Cut, The Gunner's Dream, Two Suns, Not Now John.

All good clean miserablist stuff that makes Morrisey and the Smiths seem quite cheerful. (Not that I've ever listened to any of his or their stuff: no need with dear Old Roger wailing away).

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly x2 on same, a yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz Customs thing, turned out I'd watched the NZ one several times so turned it off.

More sorting of resistors occupied some of the afternoon's slough of despond.

Tea: chicken with carrots & onions, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Jean Harlow who died at the remarkably early age of 26.

Quantum Leap: The leap home.

Joy of Painting: once more the power of was strong in this ep.

NCIS LA S10 E9 "A diamond in the rough".

The Oak Island nutjobbery: more wood, more stones, more more wood, a nail. Oh, and an eye bolt.

Secrets in the Ice:
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 December 2021, 21:24.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another rubbish night's sleep for some reasons, frequently being woken by dreams that weren't even that weird or anything, they just kept waking me

And another grey day out, 4°C at the moment and drizzly, with the forecast saying it'll keep varying between drizzly and rainy until mid-afternoon, but if we're lucky it might get to 5°. The radar suggests it'll probably be more rainy than drizzly though, as there's a bright region just about to move in from the east. Barometers very slightly up at 1000/1007mB

Comment

Morning all

Dull, overcast but dry. Currently 4 degrees with a high of 8 later. Showers expected from mid-morning through to early afternoon. Barometer up to 1012 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
                Starbucks Shanghai opens as the largest cafe in the world; measuring 30,000 sqft 2017

Choking fog spreads across Britain prompting the introduction of the 'Clean Air Act' 1952

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Phone call from the hospital about this research thingy for which I have an appointment tomorrow. I was hoping they'd say that my cholesterol isn't high enough so they don't want me, but they just wanted to confirm I was coming and take my car registration so I don't get charged for parking. I'm probably going to walk there anyway, but I gave them it just in case the weather's intolerably bad

Comment

Lunch: more Scotch broth with multiseed bread. As expected, the flavours have balanced themselves nicely overnight

The rain seems to have stopped, though it's expected to return shortly

Comment

Working...
                      X