• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

Is that with Bob Hope and Bing Crosby?
    One of the great lost scripts of the era

Comment

Afternoon all

It's dull, damp and windy out. Currently 7 degrees ('feels like' 3) and that's the high for the day. Apparently the sun might make an appearance but I'm not hopeful. Barometer up to 1007 mBar.

Had a very lazy morning. Woke up before 9am but decided I was comfy so read the news, listed to a bit on the radio and then finally dragged myself out of bed about 45 minutes ago. Bed has been stripped and the first load is in the WM. Not feeling like I want to go outside today but there's an art sale on near Covent Garden I wanted to have a mooch about. Going there will mean I end up spending money so it's probably best I stay put.

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
      Malta becomes the first country in Europe to outlaw conversion therapy 2016

Anti-apartheid and iconic South African president Nelson Mandela dies 2013

And a bonus fact I heard yesterday morning on the radio and had to save:
      The Football Association banned women's football 1921

Comment

Finally remembered to put on the towel wash I'd been meaning to put on for a week or so

Comment

Bacon sandwich had as there was bacon that needed using up. For extra bad cholesterol points I fried the bread in the bacon fat too

Sweet chilli sauce added for a bit of a zing (although the chilli is verging on homeopathic in the one I have open at the moment).

Comment

Due to a miscalculation, I've had to remove nearly a pint of the stock/blended veg from the slow cooker so I could fit the chopped lamb and pea/barley mix in there

"We're gonna need a bigger slow cooker…"

Comment

Both loads of bedding have been washed and hung about.

I resisted the urge to trek across town to look at art I really don't need to buy (I have loads of pictures and prints awaiting framing!).

Rain didn't return, wind is up.

Comment

Towels done and draped

Comment

This afternoon's / evening's tat catch up has been Have I Got a Bit More News for You, MasterChef and Dr Who. Now finally getting round to starting the latest series of Shetland.

Comment

Scotch broth for tea, with multiseed bread. It's nice, but seemed to be lacking a certain something; I daresay it'll come together when it's been left for a bit though

But the rest has had the surplus stock/veg I had to remove added back, and will now have to cook for a bit longer

Comment

Neighbourhood drinks done. We invited about 25 people, expecting around 10 to show up. 22 arrived.
                      everyone stayed in the kitchen/diner area, and there was room for more. A lot of them commented on how nice it was to meet their neighbours. Turns out it’s not the done thing for the last decade or more, but maybe it should be.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X