• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just sent a long email to our local bobby, the NHW group leader, and our councillor detailing a whole bunch of stuff to do with the drug dealing and prostitution that's been going on out the back (and sometimes even in our back yard) since the locks on the security gates were destroyed.

It's been getting worse for months, but the final straw was when I caught a group of junkies taking too close an interest in the Orion last week and the dealer, having arrived and sorted them out, then stopped on his way back to assure me that he would "make sure" they didn't mess with my car or otherwise get up to anything back there. I'm sure he will, as he has a nice little setup being able to do handovers off the street and away from CCTV. But it so happens that I already pay for a police force to make sure of such things, and for the council to secure the area
    It's been nice knowing you

Comment

Just discovered that someone has put TABs in some of the text fields in a database.

This is unrelated to my earlier rant.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

It's been nice knowing you
        Thanks to having mixed with a great variety of strange people from all areas of society over the years, I'm pretty good at maintaining my cover as a bloke who doesn't really mind what they get up to as long as they leave me and my stuff alone, while secretly tattling to the law

The law, meanwhile, has responded. He pretty much admits there's not a huge amount that can be done until the gates are sorted out (which is why I included our councillor) but he and his colleagues will pay a bit more attention to the area for a while. It is so secluded that it's easy to forget it exists; I never even realised it was there and how big it is until I'd lived here for a month or so. But maybe a copper strolling through now and again will help make it a little less ideal for such activities

Comment

Lunch: last bit of the shepherd's pie from the other day. Really nice, that was, and works well for both mains and lunches; I must make it again soon

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Just discovered that someone has put TABs in some of the text fields in a database.

This is unrelated to my earlier rant.
            It gets better, there's records with a Line Break in the description
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It's grey out and the ground is damp, but it's not raining and it's pretty mild at 12°C

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Are all the XOFF/XON pairs evenly matched?

Comment

If you take orders from public they stick quotes in their names.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

If you take orders from public they stick quotes in their names.
                    What, like Mr James "I came, I saw, I conquered" Jones?

Comment

The electricity just went off

Investigation revealed that such parts of the rest of the house as I have access to had no such problem. So I then had to shift a load of junk in the dark so I could crawl behind the telly and investigate the fusebox. The main breaker had tripped, so I turned that back on; this restored many things, but as I moved it back, one of the lesser ones turned itself off. As far as I can tell, that's for the plug circuits here in the living room. I tried turning it back on and… fine.

So now everything's back, and I get to sit here wondering what tripped it and whether whatever it was will suddenly burst into flames any minute

Comment

Working...
                      X