• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dry and overcast, windy. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like' 2) and that's the high for the day. Rain forecast, potential for a bit of sleet early evening. Barometer at 997 mBar.

After much sleep, I am feeling alive again. A friend messaged me to see if I was free for lunch so we're off for a mooch around Borough Market. Then I need to log on and do the work I didn't do yesterday.

Today's Kantar diary fact is... a BOGOF! My diary started on this day in 2020 so from now until the end of the year, you get two facts!

Isabelle Dinoire receives the first partial face transplant in Amiens, France 2005

Austro-Hungarian photographer, Ladislaus Wienek, takes the first photograph of a meteor in Paris 1885
    Last edited by ladymuck; 27 November 2021, 11:11.

Comment

Mooch mooched. Rained a bit. Damp and grim outside but I'm glad I did make it outdoors today rather than festering inside all weekend.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Storm Thingumajig seems to have passed on its way, so it's mostly just grey and unwindy out there at the moment; the weather app speaks of "snow showers", but such exotica rarely penetrate to the depths of the city. They're probably over in Rutland or somewhere. Temperature has only managed 3°C, and the barometers are slightly up at 994/1001mB

They should expand their lexicon of storm names to include non-human categories, just to keep things interesting. Have a season of naming them after medical appliances first patented in the 1870s, then one with the Latin names of mutant fungi only found in post-industrial wastelands, and so on

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Afternoon denizens

Storm Thingumajig seems to have passed on its way, so it's mostly just grey and unwindy out there at the moment; the weather app speaks of "snow showers", but such exotica rarely penetrate to the depths of the city. They're probably over in Rutland or somewhere. Temperature has only managed 3°C, and the barometers are slightly up at 994/1001mB

They should expand their lexicon of storm names to include non-human categories, just to keep things interesting. Have a season of naming them after medical appliances first patented in the 1870s, then one with the Latin names of mutant fungi only found in post-industrial wastelands, and so on
          That's a sterling idea. Tweet it to the Met office!

Comment

Got much windier here. Had to put the chain on lid of bin storage to stop it blowing up and bashing on the wall.

Finally managed to transfer photos to PC from new mobile phone, had to get a new USB cable. 20 quid for a cable! Gordon Bennet!
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I realised the other day that I still had some sausage rolls in the freezer, so I had a couple of them for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Got much windier here. Had to put the chain on lid of bin storage to stop it blowing up and bashing on the wall.

Finally managed to transfer photos to PC from new mobile phone, had to get a new USB cable. 20 quid for a cable! Gordon Bennet!
                Cor they saw you coming! Is it oxygen free with gold connectors?

Comment

The wind seems to have died down a bit but there's still a risk of sleet this evening.

Trying to work but an SQL query has taken nearly an hour so far and I'm bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Cor they saw you coming! Is it oxygen free with gold connectors?
                    Oh no, just found receipt and it was 12 quid! Senile! (As usual)
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Working...
                      X