• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in Leicester!

Hello!

Comment

Goodbye Leicester!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I am in Leicester!

Hello!
        Greetings!

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Goodbye Leicester!

Fare thee well!

Comment

Must be there now, I take it?

Tea has been chicken casserole with chips and peas. Very tasty

Comment

I am! I've checked in, showered, taken my knickers out of my rucksack so I don't flash them around the office, all the usual settling in duties.

Oh and put aside a covid test to do in the morning.

Comment

Why do people feel the urge to move furniture around in hotel rooms at night?

Comment

Tonight's viewing started with another episode of the Glasgow Central Station programme whilst and after dining. And then investigation of The Repair Shop pages on iPlayer showed that there are occasional ones from older series showing up on there, sometimes cut down, sometimes expanded, only available for comparatively short periods; so I watched an expanded one from S5 and a shortened one from S3 before they vanish again

Those were pre-covid so they actually get close to the punters, shaking hands and so on, rather than everybody carefully standing some distance away from each other and the bench on which things arrive and depart. The dear, dead days beyond recall, as the poet had it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Hazy sky, sun not yet fully ris. Currently 2 degrees ('feels like' -2) with a high of 6 later. Unlikely to rain.

Crumpets in the PI! I'm impressed. Off to meet my client co-workers for the first time in 18 months...

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  'Woody Woodpecker' debuts with the release of Walter Lantz's 'Knock Knock' 1940

Comment

Morning all
                    4.7C out, clear skies and a lovely sunrise.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cold in here at 14.5 deg.

1018.5 mBar, 30.07 in Hg, 763.9 Torr, RH 66%.

Thursday apparently though who knows these days?

Walked (unabbreviated & unextended (due to knee discomfort)) walked in the bright shiny rays and rather cold wind.

The little kids from the Welsh Skool were out & about in the park.

Frightening to think that it's 60 years since our class in the (non Welsh) Infants/Junior Skool did much the same thing.

Lunch: Heinz lentil & bacon soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz customs: Indonesian fishing ship refusing to stop: 1 round of 5.56mm: still going, magazine of 5.56mm: still still going: belt of 50 cal: still still still going: boarding party: stopped.

Cuban wood. book concealments of H, steroids from Thailand concealed in biscuits,

Unfortunate woman held for 3 hours, suitcase destroyed, internal exam, nothing found, remarkable amount of bleeping* in this one. She was not a happy bunny.

*Even more than I'm prone to explete when things aren't going well.

More "gardening" as in further massacre of brambles and gooseberry bushes and a rose tree, with the added excitement of dismantling some steel conduit installed by Strangelove pater some 35 years ago.

I managed to get the cable out, just not in one length.

Filled the bird feeder again, now they've found it.

Was tweeted at vigorously by a robin.

Tea: chilli con carne and rice, dunno what I did to that batch but it's very nice, some fruit cocktail, a yog (BBE 22/11), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Steve McQueen.

Joy of Painting

Quantum Leap.

Discovering Michael Keaton.

NCIS LA: hope it's better than yesterday's but I hold out little hope.

Slightly better.

Doomsday caught on camera on Paramount.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 November 2021, 22:59.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X