• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Cloudy out though with some patches of blue to the east; it's been drizzling a bit by the look of things, and will continue to do so throughout the morning, the forecast reckons

Currently 11°C with 13° likely to be the high point; barometers sharply down at 1001/1009mB.

I'm just guzzling my coffee, then I have to pop down and get the recycling bin back as it should have been done or be getting done very soon. I had planned on then going for my walk, which will include a detour via the chemist for the monthly prescription. And then I was going to do the shopping. But looking at the forecast, I'm thinking of just getting the bin and postponing the rest to this afternoon when things will be a bit less damp

Comment

Morning.

Not currently raining but it's thinking about it.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Damp.

Dreary.

Sunless.

16.8 deg in here.

1007 mBar, 29.74 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 68% RH.

Friday for all the difference that makes.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

<intermission>

Smalls out of the TD and airing in the front bedroom, new socks very difficult to match so I didn't bother.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Walk about to be walked since the rage is becoming overwhelming.

Walk (abbreviated) walked wherein it failed to rain on me.

Shirts out of the TD.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz customs thing.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol, bits of which I remember.

In other news, it's been pissing down intermittently.

Freecell score: 86% (after which I gave up).

B&Q not visited again.

Tea: Tesco breaded chunky haddock (very nice: I managed not to cook it to death), the last of the stewed plums (Morrisons, reduced) with custard (also very nice, had all the stones in this portion), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Clark Gable.

Quantum Leap S2: the one in the radio station.

Susan Calman's Grand Day Out: Cheddar Gorge, Wells, WSM, swan feeding etc.

Dalgliesh E4.

The 1973 pop thing.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 November 2021, 20:40.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Not sure what's going on with the bins. Ours, and another one, haven't ben done yet. Maybe they've had one of their changes, where they do the routes in a different order and ours don't get done till lunchtime?

But across the side road, by the back of Iceland, there's a cluster of bins from our stretch of main road (as evidenced by those with numbers painted on them) which for some reason got left over there last week. And as nobody from those houses seems to be allowed to cross the road on their own, they haven't been retrieved since last week. So I was able to get an empty unnumbered one from there for trundling inwards, and the one we've had for the last few months can go on its travels

Meanwhile, the drizzle seems to have been cancelled and it's quite sunny at the moment, though that's coming through a very thin area of the cloud rather than a full-blown gap, and won't last. So I might head out shortly in an attempt to get my errands sorted

Comment

Operation Relocate has successfully delivered another mouse to the field on the other side of the motorway.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all

Dull and wet but no active precipitation at present. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 14 expected. Showers due off and on for most of the day. Barometer sharply down to 1013 mBar.

Slept really well last night, last traces of the headache have gone.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            Britain starts to withdraw the green paper £1 note for replacement by coins 1984

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Operation Relocate has successfully delivered another mouse to the field on the other side of the motorway.
              Have you built a mouse trebuchet?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Got myself all ready to go out, then realised that the big blue car from the chap up the road is parked next to mine, sufficiently close that it would be a bit of a squeeze both to get in and to turn out of my space (it projects forward a bit). When he's home on a Friday he usually goes out around eleven, and I'm not in a massive rush, so I figure I'll wait an hour or so

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Have you built a mouse trebuchet?
                  Nope, with too many buildings in the way (and a new estate in the middle) it's too much of a risk.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Contract extension reinstated.

Helps to have friends in high places.

Comment

Lunch is a fish finger sandwich with salad cream. HWMBO would disown me for the salad cream (he thinks it's an abomination against nature)

Comment

Working...
                      X