• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 1970s afternoon with Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) S1E4 (in production order), A Sentimental Journey (TV Episode 1970)

Actually shot in August 1968, it seems. I keep noticing the cup from which Jeff Randall drinks his coffee in the morning and wondering how much the entire service would fetch on eBay nowadays; it's a very 1960s design, dark green with a chunky relief pattern

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Interview done
      Do we need to to look out for you on the Letterman show?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Another 1970s afternoon with Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) S1E4 (in production order), A Sentimental Journey (TV Episode 1970)

Actually shot in August 1968, it seems. I keep noticing the cup from which Jeff Randall drinks his coffee in the morning and wondering how much the entire service would fetch on eBay nowadays; it's a very 1960s design, dark green with a chunky relief pattern
        Probably peanuts - it’s scary how little even complete sets go for
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Do we need to to look out for you on the Letterman show?
          Probably not. It's a piece they're doing on people buying early for Christmas because of supply chain fears, and I'm there to represent the contrarian view of those too disorganised to bother. I'll probably be the comic relief at the end of the article, which is my rightful place in any serious discussion of the issues of the day

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Probably peanuts - it’s scary how little even complete sets go for
            No taste, people nowadays. I like all that stuff, presumably out of pure nostalgia

Comment

You lot guy forking tomorrow? May go to village event with son. Prob. loony lady 1 otherwise.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: chicken madras, rice and naan; and absolutely delicious it was

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  You lot guy forking tomorrow? May go to village event with son. Prob. loony lady 1 otherwise.
                  They cancelled yesterday's Diwali firework display here (all the racket I could hear last night must have been amateurs), so I doubt they'll be doing any Guy Fawkes ones either

Comment

There's been some racket off and on this evening but nothing onerous.

A lovely lazy day has been had.

Comment

Tonight's premiere: Hellraiser (1987), which I've never seen before. Probably won't again either; it's good of its kind, but its kind isn't really what I'm in to. Still, having watched it allows me to understand a Farmer-Healey comic that draws on it

And then the obligatory Guy Fawkes Night rewatch of V for Vendetta (2005), which continues to be excellent. And as I rewatched The Matrix recently, I now had to rewatch The Matrix Reloaded (2003), aka the first one that isn't as good as the first one; but then again, it is very good in its own right, and the first one was a hard act to follow

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X