• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New camera received and set up. Now trying to work out if there's a way to access the gubbins of the old one via a computer to see if it can be fixed.

Yuck weather here now, low cloud moving fast from SE, as I can see looking out the front, or from one of the cameras in the back garden.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Productive day at the office. Now relaxing with an episode of The Repair Shop.

Comment

Fixed a pile of things - then a hideous mess arrived that the "AI" system can't cope with so off to fix it now.

Multiple payments in a month, expenses and euro VAT transactions are not my idea of fun.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Much hemming and hawing over what to have for dinner, primarily because several of the things I fancy either need to have been started a couple of hours ago or require ingredients I don't have, or both

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Fixed a pile of things - then a hideous mess arrived that the "AI" system can't cope with so off to fix it now.

Multiple payments in a month, expenses and euro VAT transactions are not my idea of fun.
            Because it's complex, decided to fix something that looked easier instead.

Didn't quite work out as it's the same actual issue just a different variation of it.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Watched the brightly trousered one wafting about the west end with his book on train journeys.

The parentals called to tell me the postcard I sent them from Grenada has arrived (only took six weeks).

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Much hemming and hawing over what to have for dinner, primarily because several of the things I fancy either need to have been started a couple of hours ago or require ingredients I don't have, or both
                Chicken casserole with chips and peas, it turned out. This was from the one I made about three weeks ago which didn't turn out as well as they sometimes do, but it was still nice enough

Comment

Telly was a bit of a binge on The Repair Shop - lots of cool bear-and-other-animal-rejuvenating action in these ones

Been spitting a bit, but no deluge or even proper rain yet

Goodnight all

Comment

{Emotionless greeting}

Morning all

TFIF, etc.

Before heading out earlier on the walk, I looked at the weather and decided that it was probably going to be OK. Clear to the East, some cloud to the West. Our walk started along the ridge heading West. There's a hedge to the south of the ridge which provides a bit of shelter on windy days.

10 minutes in and there were a few spots of rain, nothing major. Then we went through a gate in the hedge, heading south into a valley that runs down to the sea. At this point the wind hit me and all I could see was a wall of rain heading up the valley. The first band of it lasted maybe 5 minutes, then it easied so we kept going until I could see the next wave getting closer.
                    Time to head for home.
                    Back up to the ridge in the dry, but then about 5 minutes from home the second round started. It stopped when we got back to the house.

The sky is clearing now.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dull, grey, wet. No active precipitation at this moment. Currently 13 degrees, with a high of 15 later. Rain expected off and on this morning with the sun breaking through after lunch. Barometer sharply down to 999 mBar.

TFIF. No plans for the weekend other than a couple of cinema visits to see Dune and Venom before they finish their runs.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                      Nigel Richards from New Zealand wins the World Scrabble Championship for the fourth time with the word 'groutier' 2018

(It means sulky or surly)

Comment

Working...
                      X