• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Quite mild out; about 16°C. There's a bit of a breeze but it's southerly and not very chilly
    Last edited by NickFitz; 26 October 2021, 15:51. Reason: apostrophe

Comment

Decided on the spur of the moment earlier this afternoon that I should pick up dinner from Cafe Bao at KX. A trip on the Piccadilly line led me to believe there is a match this evening at the Arsenal.

Comment

Really nice tea of chicken in red wine sauce, with chips and peas

I was a bit surprised to see on the label that it dated from 19 May, as I'm sure I've made it again since then. I think I must have had those and not realised there was still this older one tucked away at the back

All accompanied by an episode of The Repair Shop

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          A trip on the Piccadilly line led me to believe there is a match this evening at the Arsenal.
          I noticed on Twitter earlier that they're doing that kind of thing up here tomorrow evening, with visitors from Brighton. Good to know that I should avoid bothering to go out anywhere during the arriving and leaving periods

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Quite mild out; about 16°C. There's a bit of a breeze but it's southerly and not very chilly

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              All accompanied by an episode of The Repair Shop
              Followed by another, and then the second part of the latest series of A House Through Time

Going to be quite windy tomorrow apparently, though which direction it'll come from remains to be seen

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dark earlier on the walk, brightening up now.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Another quite decent night's sleep, punctuated by occasional dreams of such mundane incidents that I can't remember any of them

Seems to be a grey start out again after a mild night; currently 15°C with 17° expected, and the wind seems to be picking up already

Barometers steady at 1007/1015mB

Comment

Goooood Moooooorning Vietnaaaaaam!

Er.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Grey.

Sunless.

16.7 deg in here.

1013 mBar, 29.91 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 72% RH.

Wednesday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the gloom.

Freecell score: 100% (of 6), running average 84% (84.2%).

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz Customs thing: shedload of Chinese "food" and drugs.

NZ Border Patrol: shedload of cocaine concealed in 8 suitcases: 9 ear sentencs in clink IIRC, Spanish film crew: given temporary work visa & told not to do it again, & get a carnet for the equipment next time.

More minor potching in the garage which led to major swearing when stuff didn't go according what little plan there was.

A set of kitchen drawers from next door's old kitchen will be filled with junk in due course.

Tea: the last of the roast chicken & sausage with carrots & onions, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Spencer Tracy, apparently he had a really bad day at somewhere called Black Rock.

Quantum Leap S1 E3.

Joy of Painting. Nearly but I just about avoided it. It was one of those black canvas things he does, not my favourite.

Enslaved with Samuel L. "Mother****er" Jackson: E3 of 3.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 October 2021, 19:53.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It was a bit dark and dim when I got up although technically the sun was ris. Overcast but dry. Currently a balmy 15 degrees with a high of 17 later and chance of a bit of sunshine. A light breeze from the southwest is expected. Barometer steady at 1020 mBar.

Tired this morning, bumbled about instead of efficiently getting ready for the day.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                      Inventor and film pioneer Fred Waller received US patent for water skis 1925

Comment

Working...
                      X