• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it true that path lengths in SharePoint Online are now limited in terms of data volume (100GB limit) rather than number of characters? This feels very peculiar.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Is it true that path lengths in SharePoint Online are now limited in terms of data volume (100GB limit) rather than number of characters? This feels very peculiar.
      nope 400 characters still see Restrictions and limitations in OneDrive and SharePoint (microsoft.com)
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Rain's arrived

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Thanks! That's what I thought. The PM doing holiday cover for a vendor we're working with was adamant there was no character limit and that it was measured in terms of data volume.

Comment

Been trying to get Stripe going on website. Shouldn't be half as difficult as Worldpay as got some demo code working ok.

Call from loony lady no 2 asking if I wanted to come to another art group today in addition to tomorrow's. Declined, like some days to meself. Got Karaoke tomorrow as well. Like the group but bit of a strain getting some songs together. Still trying to think of an excuse to stop my sister visiting, bloody relatives! maybe I'll pretend to have Covid.

PS Cough cough.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 18 October 2021, 13:42.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The rain has stopped (mostly) and the lurgy is, it seems, in abeyance, so: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I met the Neighbourhood Watch lady when I was almost home, on her way to the Post Office

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Thanks! That's what I thought. The PM doing holiday cover for a vendor we're working with was adamant there was no character limit and that it was measured in terms of data volume.
                Given the file limit size is 250GB for an individual file could you ask how the 100GB limit works?
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Nearly time for the Apple Event. I'm hoping there's a new Mac Mini with a gazillion cores. It's MyCo's year end this month, so I can justify shelling out a couple of grand to bring the tax bill down a bit

New MacBook Air wouldn't come amiss either

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Given the file limit size is 250GB for an individual file could you ask how the 100GB limit works?
                    I think they got their knickers in a twist somewhere. Interestingly, none of their colleagues on the call said anything so I suspect they will have corrected them afterwards.

Comment

My 5 year old phone is on its way out. The battery life is about that of an Alfa Sud.

Currently paying £16 a month for 30GB of data (don't need that much, but got a good price for it). When I went to get a phone + 30GB, the airtime price was £25.99, so on a 3 year contract, that's £360 spaffed up a wall. Contacted the company, and the best they could do was take it down to £22 a month on the data.
                      Might just go to John Lewis and purchase the phone with a suitcase of crisp oncers.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X