• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eek Twin B finally has her contract, she starts at the local office (thankfully) a week Monday.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Eek Twin B finally has her contract, she starts at the local office (thankfully) a week Monday.

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I made that mistake at AB Automotive Electronics & suffered a five week extension because of it.
        Funny you should mention that…

No risk of an extension; they got budget for an extra week which has, with my blessing, gone to the other guy, as I'm up for this other gig in a few weeks that requires security clearance. But I've just been asked if I could maybe find some time to do stuff over the weekend, as various things really need to be ready for later on Monday when some aspect of the handoff begins

It was suggested that I could get the hours back from Friday, when all my side of things would be done and dusted. I pointed out that I'll already be done then, as Thursday is the end of the month - turned out the gaffer thought that's on Friday

But my timesheet has spaces for Saturday and Sunday, so I'll get some stuff done over the weekend, which I shall book on a "day or part thereof" basis

It's all fairly easy stuff anyway and should only take a couple of hours, but I know she'll be relieved if it's ready to roll first thing on Monday morning

Comment

Friday night special: a roast beef dinner, and very nice it was too

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Comment

Text message earlier, I’m off to support Exeter Chiefs tomorrow
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Went out about 1730 to meet a friend for a couple of drinks then dinner at Cinnamon Club. Just got home.

Stuffed. Had a fab evening. Bed time.

Comment

No premieres tonight, only rewatches, starting with Crazy Rich Asians (2018) which is good fun even if it isn't that deep

Then Deepwater Horizon (2016) which is good but "fun" would probably be the wrong word for an exploding oil rig whatever the depth

And finally Deep Cover (1992) which is one of those that's very good for its time, but nowadays has you thinking "they wouldn't do that" a lot - mainly because modern films wouldn't have them doing that, of course, because none of us know what undercover cops in California actually do, then or now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    a bit murky here.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey. Very very very grey.

Misty.

Sunless.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Drizzly.

Cooler at 18.8 deg in here.

1011 mBar, 29.85 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 73% RH.

Saturday.

Woke at 04:30 and turned the wireless on so the doze was accompanied by all sorts of things until about half past eight, none of which I can remember, though a bit of "Farming Today" and the Shipping Forecast seem to have registered.

I suspect it stayed switched on because the voices of the presenters didn't grate like nails down a chalk board today.

Wireless is now firmly switched off since I can't abide the gabbling idiots on a Saturday morning.

I do rather miss John Peel's "Home Truths" of yore.

That was worth listening to.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

It's a bit close out there.

Still grey & very humid.

Lunch: Heinz baked beans on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly x 1.2 on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I see we are shortly to be blessed with Fluoridation.

Ho hum.

In other other news, having dug out the Megger(tm) and fitted a battery therein, the cable down to the garage appears to be leak free, which is good, since finding the leak would be a grade A pain in the arse, to put it mildly.

The output of said Megger(tm) was tested with a dvm (10M internal resistance) and showed 350V, whilst digging out the AVO 8 (internal resistance 1000 x 20k = 20M) showed 550V.

All goes to prove that the thing with the pointer & the mirror scale (last seen available about 10 years ago at £1000 odd) still has a better performance under some circumstances, even if it is over 50 years old.

In other other other news, next door's girlfriend sister has a dog which attempted to hump my leg for me.

The 500V Megger(tm) was very tempting.

The Cat will not be pleased if said mutt moves in next door or the dog.

Which being the alleged sister seems unlikely.

The next batch of chilli con carne and hot spicy bol have been cooked and portioned up read for the freezer.

The sheer unadulterated excitement of my life is sometimes difficult to bear.

The chilli appears to particularly so, even before the sojourn in the freezer to develop the flavour.

Some minor potching done in the garage in preparation for more potching next week.

Major spiderwebs disposed of along with much crap.

Tea: oddly enough: spag (a reasonable helping thereof) with a portion of today's bol, which was very nice, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Joe Kidd on 5+1 until something dire went wrong with 5 which is currently frozen solid on Freesat, as is 5, and 5USA.

5*, on the other hand, is showing "Contact" which is still running.

It's getting darker out, very grey indeed.

From whence: a documentary about Clint Eastwood, his life, many ladies, many children and many films.

Pink Floyd: The Endless River on Sky Arts.

Certainly appears endless to me.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 September 2021, 20:52.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X