• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

About 18°C out, which turned out to be just right for walking without a coat given the lack of a chilly breeze

Definitely getting dark earlier though. Only to be expected with the Autumnal Equinox tomorrow, I suppose

And having returned, I put on the mundane laundry I'd teed up for a Quick Wash before setting off

Comment

Mundane laundry done and draped

Comment

Chicken casserole with chips and peas for tea

Nice full moon hanging around outside

Comment

The bedding and towels that had been washed at the weekend were put away and the mattress cover washed and draped.

Ents was: UC, OC, TCoOI and GBBO

Comment

Telly tonight was a repeat of some traffic police thing whilst dining, and then the first half of E1 of A Killing in Tiger Bay, concerning the murder of Lynette White and subsequent framing of a bunch of innocent people by the police, as was the fashion at the time. An ex-copper put it very well, saying something like "The pressure had been on to find the killer, but after ten months the pressure was on to get a result, which is not the same thing"

By the way, Jupiter and Saturn are also putting in a strong appearance tonight, somewhat to the right of the full moon

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all.

Wallander episode 2 on Netflix last night. Stupid plot about hacking the banks. Not very good really.

Water temperature
              Birs 13.4 °C
              Rhein 17.9 °C

Temperature 7.2 °C
              Sunshine 0 of 10 min (Sun hasn't risen yet)
              Precipitation 0 mm/h
              Wind speed 4 km/h
              Wind direction S
              Wind gusts 5 km/h
              Relative humidity 95%
              Pressure 990 hPa
              Snow coverage 0 cm

Hazy sunshine later on. 18°C.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny with fluffiness here and there again today

Currently 11°C but heading for 20° later, barometers very slightly down at 1020/1028mB

Had a fairly decent night's sleep, so feeling reasonably refreshed this morning. Although I seldom dream of celebrities or anything in the news, for some reason I dreamt that Taylor Swift had started hanging out in the local pub. Unfortunately, she turned out to be a massive conspiracy theorist (which is not the case in real life, AFAIK) who spent all her time haranguing people about certain peculiar notions concerning the domestic gas supply. No idea what all that was about

Comment

Morning all

Nice day out.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Wallander episode 2 on Netflix last night. Stupid plot about hacking the banks. Not very good really.
                    Which version was it?

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Chilly at 18.2 deg in here.

Sunless.

Cheerless.

1025 mBar, 30.27 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 73% RH.

(The conversion thingie took it to be 1025 bar which confused I slightly).

Wednesday.

Awake at sparrowfart again.

Freecell score: 85% (of 11 plays), running average 84% (I didn't bother).

Spoiled my streak which got to 42 before crashing ignominiously.

Ho hum.

Splinter/thorn removed from finger remarkably easily.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey chill of the day.

A jacket was worn.

Lunch: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol with the usual.

This afternoon's 22mm holes were drilled with the smaller sds drill and took all of 30 seconds.

That thing doesn't take prisoners.

Final bit of conduit installed and cable pulled.

Tea: the last of the roast chicken & sausage with carrots & onions, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering John Hurt.

Joy of Painting. Om. Usual effect: after 10 minutes.

NCIS S3 E4: "Silver War": the one with the almost fresh stiff in the Civil War iron coffin (without the spikes on the inside).

Dr Pimplepopper.

Something else assuming I can find something else, I'm only watching NCIS since I can't find anything better and this is one with Ziva.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 September 2021, 19:43.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Oh, and Happy Autumnal Equinox everybody!

Comment

Working...
                      X