• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Another grey day

Currently 13°C with a possible 19° later, maybe a bit brighter towards the end of the afternoon, no rain predicted, barometers fairly steady at 1023/1031mB. Could be worse, I suppose

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast but dry. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 19 later and possibility of the sun coming out. Unlikely to rain. Barometer dropped a little to 1028 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      Aged 64, swimmer Diana Nyad becomes the first person to swim from Cuba to the United States without a shark cage 2013

(begs the question: how do you swim any distance whilst in a shark cage?)

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cold at 19 deg in here.

1026 mBar, 30.29 in Hg, 71% RH.

Thursday.

I thought it was Thursday for part of yesterday but it turned out I was wrong.

It was chilly enough yesterday to require a jacket on the stagger up the hill.

It's colder today.

Walk walked.

It's a bit chilly out there.

Nothing to Declare UK: a chap with cash is hassled by the revenuers on exit.

Fecking HMRC bastards.

Can he prove he's paid The Right Amount of Tax on it.

Bastards.

NZ customs thing: a load of steel from Oz being fumigated for redbacks.

A lady with 66 gms of ganja busted.

Canadian customs thing: nothing of any great innerest other than some poor septic bastard with multiple health problems & $3400 to his name refused entry in case he needs to use the health system.

Like the chap whose idea of a souvenir from his Thailand holiday was a kitchen sink.

The revenuers couldn't believe it.

In other unbelievable news: there's blue patches in the sky. It must be the End of Days.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some sliced peaches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Discovering Harvey Keitel.

Cold War & Cinema E1: 1945 to 1960: The Third Man etc.

Freecell: going backwards.

Elementary S7 E4: "Red light green light" on Pick.

Skin A&E on 5*+1.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 September 2021, 20:22.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Prospect - a depressing movie about space mining - when we take to the stars will it be all 1950 sputnik chic?

Killers Anonymous - mediocre but watchable.

The Virginian - a good old fashioned western with gun fighting, moral preaching and rustling. Kept looking for the Duke , Ron Perlman filled in.

Currently watching "an interview with god" - looks quite good.

Sag Paneer & eggs for breakfast - what else do you do with leftovers?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Slightly hectic day today

Lunch was herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup with multisided bread

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Slightly hectic day today

Lunch was herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup with multisided bread
              I wish autocorrect would stop changing "multiseed" to "multisided"

Comment

Good thing I didn't program autocorrect or every word would be converted to an obscenity.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green and red rings closed

I saw a big dragonfly; it came swooping out of the gate of one of the big houses sitting in fairly extensive grounds that have been converted to old people's homes

Comment

Trundling of the recycling bin was accomplished this afternoon, along with the disposal of my own recycling therein

Comment

Exchanged a couple of emails with my "date".
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X