• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch has been herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup with multiseed bread

Links are now up

And I've got to dash to the testing centre

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      :

Overcast but dry out. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 20 later and a reasonable chance of the sun coming out. Barometer still steady at 1025 mBar.
      Well the forecast is now that 18 is as good as it'll get and the sun is unlikely to make an appearance. It does feel a bit chilly in my little office.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, little stick poked up nose, green ring closed

My route lay through the 1930s-built Braunstone North estate, which in the 1980s was so notorious that, at a time of rising homelessness and massive waiting lists for social housing, the council had to advertise every week in the local paper for people to go and live there; though it didn't get many takers

It's not got such a bad reputation nowadays, but I still wouldn't want to live there

Comment

Dropped in at windmill I used to volunteer at to see a few people there.

One nice old chap snuffed it unfortunately. Happening a lot recently, bloke at Karaoke and two neighbours in last few months.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

My route lay through the 1930s-built Braunstone North estate
            You shouldn't have said that. I'll be searching Google Street View for a chimp.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

You shouldn't have said that. I'll be searching Google Street View for a chimp.
              Not sure the residents of Braunstone North are that highly evolved yet

Comment

Well I've gone and had a productive day! I think I ought to now go and have a lie down.

So much nicer working when hardly anyone else is online

Comment

Having acquired them many moons ago, I decided to give Marvel's 616 a watch.

It's a collection of documentaries about different aspects of the Marvel Universe. The first episode describing the somewhat bizarre Japanese Spider-Man show.

Comment

Tea: roast beef dinner

I roasted the joint (nice bit of topside) on a rack over red wine, then used that plus the juices that had gone into it for the gravy. The spuds were roasted separately in duck fat, so they were ultra crispy. All exceedingly tasty

Comment

Went to Carters steam fair with the Family pricey 50p a ticket/ 6 tickets a ride but great fun.

Over to MIL for dinner we had cold cooked meats, home made flan and deserts including Miss V3's chocolate fountain, a ruse on her behalf to get more chocolate in (and on) her than anyone else punctuated by strawberries, other fruits and marshmallows so we can convince ourselves that we are not feeding her too many sweets.

Just watching "the stoning of Soraya M" actually quite enlightening on the misogynistic behaviour of men in Tehran. Sadly so far quite believable.

Just listening to the three witches suggesting she is frigid and that is why her husband is carrying on with a 14 year old and demanding divorce. You can see where it is going..

Thank feck my kids were born in the UK.

Yep its well worth a watch.
                      Last edited by vetran; 30 August 2021, 21:07.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X