• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Still a very grey day out, but mild enough

Comment

Breakfast was cheese on mushrooms, lunch in true Marx style was Duck soup.

Watched

Eat Locals - fun Vampire sort of comedy.
      Odd Thomas - enjoyable fantasy with Anton Yelchin - pretty good.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The village where loony ladies 1 & 2 live is all loony. At little art group today and picked up some leaflets, just thought I'd warn you that Cov* and global warming are conspiracies by the globalist cabal.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: chicken balti (out of the freezer), rice and naan. Well nice

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            The village where loony ladies 1 & 2 live is all loony. At little art group today and picked up some leaflets, just thought I'd warn you that Cov* and global warming are conspiracies by the globalist cabal.
            Might have known it was that pesky cabal, up to their silly games again

Comment

Dinner was pasta and salad accompanied by UC and OC.

I then watched a couple of episodes of Paddington 24/7 while looking for a new bank account. I have now switched my personal banking from HSBC to Nationwide. I have been meaning to sort this out for a while and have finally got a round tuit.

Now to find a new business banking provider. Barclays is actually looking like the front runner - I'm not yet ready to put all my cash into one of those newfangled banks.

Comment

Telly was E2 of whatever season this is of Ambulance, in which they try to keep things under control as Merseyside's healthcare system is swamped by the second wave of the pandemic. Terrible times for all concerned

Another early night now. I just realised that if it wasn't for the extension, this would have been my final full week on this gig, though due to months being the disorganised rabble they are, I would have officially been there until next Tuesday. Anyway, no peace until October instead now

Goodnight all

Comment

Ents were:

Shazam a fun & enjoyable superhero caper.

SPOTLIGHT the story of the Boston Globe exposing paedophile priests in the catholic church in mostly catholic Boston. Most of the viewing was open mouthed with amazement over the cover up an societal pressure. You think you have a handle on the depth then the post film text just blows you away as its many times worse than the Globe initially thought. A slight spoiler but you will still gasp.

Well worth a watch very depressing but informative. bookmark it!

Read the post film text without saying "no fecking way" and I will be impressed.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning denizens

Summer has reset to what appears to be its default mode this year: grey, 14°C, forecast high of 19° later

No rain or even mizzle predicted though; barometers down marginally at 1020/1028mB

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      SPOTLIGHT the story of the Boston Globe exposing paedophile priests in the catholic church in mostly catholic Boston. Most of the viewing was open mouthed with amazement over the cover up an societal pressure. You think you have a handle on the depth then the post film text just blows you away as its many times worse than the Globe initially thought. A slight spoiler but you will still gasp.

Well worth a watch very depressing but informative. bookmark it!

Read the post film text without saying "no fecking way" and I will be impressed.
                      I was very impressed by Spotlight when I watched it a few years ago; +2

Comment

Working...
                      X