• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    A weekend up in Surrey, but home in time last night to cut the grass.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Although I sadly haven't seen many butterflies - I probably have all the wrong planting for that - I have had lady birds, which I am pleased by as they eat the critters that are trying to eat my plants.

And that concludes my gardening update.

Lots of butterflies & moths here.
      Saw a Jersey Tiger Moth last night by the front door, as I was trundling.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cooler at 19.8 deg in here.

1025 mBar, in Hg, 73% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming away.

Walk walked.

Took a different route this morning & met a colleague from Ye Sloughe of Desponde.

Last time I took a different route I met a colleague from Ye Sloughe of Desponde.

Now wondering where the family of swans has gone from the Fish Pond.

Entertainment: Car SOS: a Cannon trials car: "Goldfinger".

Some "epic" on Horror: "End of the World (2013)". Marginally amusing in a SyFy channel sort of way.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same x2, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I think I need to run the vac over the place again, only got halfway through it last week.

Duly done, though I would have done more if I hadn't spent yonks reading that thing about Chemical Hunger.

Stuff moved out from under the desk in the office front room in preparation for some cleaning tomorrow.

Entertainment: (apart from the Chemical Hunger thing): Trucking Hell S4 E6, unfortunately with rather a lot of Michael.

Tea: the rest of the roast chicken (still meh) with carrots & onions, a yog, some mango segments, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Morgan Freeman "The Voice of God".

Inneresting enough.

Weatherman Walking: preCV19 visits to Penarth & Dynefwr Castle (this last in rather better weather than in Am Dro).

Icelandic Walks with Julia Bradbury: hiking across a black desert, curiously green & pleasant valleys, all the way to that unpronounceable volcano that blew its top & shut down European airspace while it did it.

Ghosts.

NCIS S17 E7 "No Vacancy".

Thing about the Tsunami. That lasted 10 minutes due to lack of innerest.

To be replaced by some epic or other (Shadow Wolves (2019) as it transpires) on one of the film channels that was so outstandingly poor that it has a rating of 3.6, even lower than a Bruce Willis epic.

So bad that I didn't bother sticking around for 10 minutes to see how it ended.

Apparently FMJ no longer penetrate tin sheets or pallets.

Though I'd believe that about 5.56
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 August 2021, 07:50.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

And slugs! Bastarding things. Spotted them climbing the walls the other night so down went the slug pellets to kill them off once they came down again
          Nasty person, killing little sluggies.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch has been Heinz chicken soup with sesame bloomer toast, mainly because it's quick. Nice though

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green and blue rings closed

Quite a pleasant evening out there now; clear blue sky, 21°C, but with a light breeze to keep things fresh

Comment

BTW, a Crouch Recovery van went past just before six. Sure I've seen one going past about that time more than once; maybe somebody from the Lutterworth depot comes home this way?

Comment

This evening's ents was a bit of Paddington 24/7 followed by The Curse of Oak Island.

Dinner was a jacket potato with cheese and coleslaw followed by a few scoops of caramel pecan ice-cream. I don't often eat ice-cream but I always keep a tub in the freezer in case the mood takes me.

Comment

Delicious tea: roast shoulder of lamb, with the usual trimmings

It's a particularly flavoursome joint, that one. Must have been a contented sheep

Comment

Working...
                      X