• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hardly any recall...
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

she has marketable skills...

Comment

she can drive a forklift

Comment

does seem the lawyers are earning their buck regardless of how dangerous she is.

Comment

Oops, looks like I failed to hit the button to post this last night, so here it is

Telly was a new episode of Police Interceptors

All well and good, but it's no Trucking Hell

But most of the evening was spent reading Gordon Corera's book Russians Among Us, about the Soviet and, later, Russian illegals programme (as seen in The Americans), covering (among other things) the history of such agents and the FBI's operation that culminated in the arrest and exchange of a bunch of them in 2010. Very good reading so far

Time for bed now though, so I can get a head start on those data visualisations tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Imminently sunny out today once the high cloud clears a bit; 12°C at the moment but could reach a whole 21° later, no rain foreseen (though they said that yesterday) and barometers a sliver down at 1006/1014mB

Comment

Morning all

It's dull and overcast. No precipitation at present so the bins were quickly trundled. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 20 expected later. It's supposed to only be partly cloudy until early evening when the rain is due to return. Barometer steady at 1010 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                Harvard University win the first Boat Race against Yale University 1852

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Just started "I don't like Mondays" which looks interesting.. documentary / dramatised. Seems its all her fathers fault (according to the mother)
                  Nonsense. It's the telex machine cleaner wot is to blame.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool. 19.5 deg in here.

1010 mBar, 29.83 in Hg, 65% RH.

Tuesday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

Now for some more massacre of the brambles/roses/anything else I can massacre.

Roses massacred.

Lawn strimmed a bit more now the rose isn't taking over.

Some weeding done.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Car SOS: Peugeot 504 Cabriolet. K reg. 1972.

French rust looks much like Italian rust.

In other news, there's a Randolph Scott film I haven't seen on this afternoon "Return of the Bad Men (1948)" with Robert Ryan.

More gardening.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S3 E12.

Tea: Tesco breaded cod, tinned pears (last of), yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Vanessa Redgrave.

Goodness me, she was in "Morgan: a suitable case for treatment".

Watched a bit of that painting prog on BBC4, for some reason that chap sends me to sleep.

Be worth a fortune if you could bottle it.

Elementary S6 E8 "Sand trap".

"Walking Tudor England" with the good professor on 5Select.

Massive Engineering Mistakes on Quest.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 August 2021, 20:06.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Cumuli are lingering a bit, so it's sunny spells rather than full-on sunny. Still made it to 20°C out there though, with 23.6° within

Lunch has been zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

Comment

Seems to have turned distinctly more sunny than spells now

Comment

Working...
                      X