• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The bread is in the oven. However, it's just occurred to me that those plastic crates probably don't get cleaned very often, and if the loaf's been sat in one for a few hours with beer that's picked up whatever muck is on the surface soaking into it, then I probably don't really want to eat it anyway
    While warming the oven up, I was reminded that I have an oven thermometer that for years has been so covered in baked-on gunk as to be completely unreadable. I suddenly realised that I had the solution to hand: The Pink Stuff! The thermometer is now perfectly legible, and it even got the bezel all shiny again

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Man doesn't live by bread alone - now with beer!

Beer makes everything better.
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. And here's a warning to LM!

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

All looks above board to me

Comment

I had a half-portion of chicken casserole left, so lunch was that with some leftover fried rice I froze a few weeks ago. Very tasty

After some sunny spells this morning, it's now looking ominously gloomy out there

Comment

Just checked the meat from Sainsbury's and, as I suspected, people who are too lazy to pack stuff properly are also too lazy to check use-by dates: I'm apparently supposed to cook a week's worth of stuff in the next two days

After a bit of rearrangement, I've managed to cram most of it into the freezer

Comment

Chucked it down with rain for a bit, but stopped again. I daresay it'll happen again soon though

I've stripped the bed and left it to air in the extremely fresh air coming through the bedroom window, so I must remember to make it again later

And in a remarkable outburst of efficiency, I've even got the old bedding into the wash right away

Comment

It's definitely been a sunshine and showers kind of day here.

Currently showers.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  All looks above board to me
                  Oops. Sorry. Got that last one mixed up with a photo of a certain Christmas do. Pies were involved.

Today I removed our ceiling fan which we never use now we've an aircon unit. And I shave 2mm of the bottom of the wooden cover for the fridge door so it doesn't stick against the door below. As well as doing the weekly shop this morning. Curry is slowly cooking in the oven. Should be ready in about 3 hours. Yum.

A brief but intense thunderstorm just now. Marble sized hailstones for about a minute.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

All looks a normal Friday night to me
                    FTFY
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's definitely been a sunshine and showers kind of day here.

Currently showers.
                      showers we should be so lucky its been a deluge.

Earlier I went in to make coffee and I thought I had walked onto the set of "A Perfect Storm".
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X