• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The forecast rain has started on time.

The temperature is a whole degree higher than forecast. It's currently 20 out and 22 in.

Lunch was the remains of the chicken and rice thing HMWBO cooked yesterday, so no leftovers for me to have in the week.

Comment

Spent the day wrestling with Pandas - not the cute Chinese creatures, but a data science library written in Python - and Plotly, a charting library. I haven't really done anything with either of them before, so it took me many false starts to get anywhere, but by the end of the day I had it showing a chart of some data

The weather app is convinced it's raining but when I look out of the window, the cars only have their wipers on intermittent and lots of people are wandering around without coats. Seems to just be very light drizzle, so I might brave it.

Comment

Just rescued old lady next door, fell into bushes and couldn't get up. Not hurt fortunately, unlike her husband couple of years ago. Had to run him to A&E.

Still, at least she falls over less than neighbour the other side who's 20 years younger. Booze!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Managed to get it done while the rain was holding off

Comment

It's turned into a nice, bright afternoon / evening.

Ocado called to say they'd be up to 90 minutes late with my shopping.

HWMBO and his kids have gone back to Glasgow.

Chicken kiev and curly fries for dinner.

Catching up on 24 Hours in A&E.

Comment

Turning a little sunny here too - not a lot, just a bit of glimmering through the now-patchy cloud

More rain possible after dark though, and at the moment they're making a 100% promise of thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon. We shall see

Still 23.6° in here, and the windows have been open all day.

Comment

Meanwhile, down here, it's 22.1 °C, 73% humidity and 977hPa. Rain shortly, and at least one decent thunderstorm.

Today dinner was Vietnamese spring rolls, cooked by a proper Vietnamese. A friend of my daughter visited, bring flowers for my daughter, her sister and my wife. They all have birthdays in July. So the house is full of flowers. I like flowers. No one buys me flowers...

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Ocado were just over two hours late in the end.

19 degrees outside, 22 inside.

Lots of laundry being done - all the bed linen from the kids' airbeds and towels. Last load just coming up for a spin.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

fish pie & veg yummy.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X