• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out it's the monthly Zoom call with the New Zealanders tomorrow.

Unrelated to that: just had a sausage roll. So nice that I'll probably have another shortly

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Good day today. hic.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In the Chinese
          Very nice too

The chicken and sweetcorn soup in particular was back to its usual form, suggesting the last couple of weeks of it being somehow not quite as good were a temporary aberration

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere: Repo Men (2010), set in one of those dystopian near-futures where replacement organs (bodily, not musical) are available on hire purchase, but brutally reclaimed should one fall behind on payments. It's an OK example of the genre; I enjoyed it, but it's not going to end up in the "works of towering genius" section of the archives

Incidentally, how come these near-future dystopias never coincide with each other? By rights, there should have been I, Robot androids wandering around in the background, and maybe a Looper who'd let his loop run briefly glimpsed (in either young or older form) as he fled his pursuers

And then a rewatch of Side Effects (2013). It's a really good film with a stellar cast, yet it doesn't seem to be widely recognised as such? Not sure why that is

Also, I still think that mix of Perpetua Italic with Gill Sans Light (both created by Eric Gill) in the titles and credits is the most perfect typographical combination ever committed to film

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

Grey.

White sky.

Sunless.

Cooler at 23.9 deg in here.

1004 mBar, 29.65 in Hg, 66% RH.

Sunday, judging by the wireless waffling on & using the N word.

Sunday shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, and put away.

Lunch: Roast beef (again, I knew where it was without needing to ferret about in the depths of the freezer), a corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It's 24.5 deg in here at 12:20.

The wireless is silent since I don't like ISIHAC which I've regarded as unlistenable for almost 50 years.

Well the beef was meh, the whole meal was meh, with some aded meh if the first meh wasn't enough, the yellow corner yog was nice, the rest was meh meh meh.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 84% (84.08%).

Entertainment: Missed the ep of "Am Dro".

Tea: Heinz pea & ham soup, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt (blue in places), bramble jelly sandwich on (nonblue) slice of same, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment in the overwhelming ennui of the late afternoon: feck nose.

I was so ennuied that I moved the dehumidifier & cleaned behind the corner desk in the front room "office".

It didn't help much.

Tudur Owen was doing his TV Flashback thing again.

Thing about Propaganda on PBS.

Thing about Dear Old Uncle Joe & the end of WWII on BBC4.

The Repair Shop: two persion piano stool chewed by a dog, a "daffodil" telephone from the 1920s with what looks very much like a 1970s dial (fecked), a Magic Lantern (much like the one belonging to my grandfather that we sold a couple of years ago).
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 July 2021, 21:17.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Also, I still think that mix of Perpetua Italic with Gill Sans Light (both created by Eric Gill) in the titles and credits is the most perfect typographical combination ever committed to film
                You watch titles and credits? I just fast forward through those. Then I usually fast forward through about ten minutes of the boring film before swearing and deleting it.

bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast, no precipitation at present. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 21 expected. 90% chance of rain from 1400 onwards, possibly with thunderstorms. Barometer down to 1007 mBar.

Woke up to discover that someone has hacked my Hilton Hhonors account and changed my email and password. They don't have any customer services on a Sunday which is not helpful.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  The first greetings telegram is sent in Britain 1935

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy out, and continuing to leave the windows open overnight has got the temperature in here down to 23°C

It's currently 18° out there, heading for 22° later; barometers roughly the same at 1001/1009mB, and none of the promised rain has made it here yet

The Zoom call with New Zealand has happened. Now I need to fill the rest of the day… though Monkey Life is on from 13:00 to 16:00 so that'll help pass the time.

I'm not sure but I think the first one today might be the episode where they hide a big toy snake in the chimps' enclosures to see how they react; very well for the most part, especially given that they've probably never seen a snake before, though alpha male Hananya doesn't really impress with his decision to keep well back from the possible threat while ordering the females to go forward and check it out

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

You watch titles and credits? I just fast forward through those. Then I usually fast forward through about ten minutes of the boring film before swearing and deleting it.
                      It's one of those where the opening credits are overlaid on the opening action of the film, but at least they're nice to look at (if you're a typography nerd)

Comment

Working...
                      X