• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Links are up
    Something, Specifically in General, that's worth reading.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Something, Specifically in General, that's worth reading.
      There's some good hardware stuff this week

Comment

The dull and damp start to the day (there was a very light and brief shower) gave way to glorious sunshine with a nice breeze to stop me catching on fire.

Comment

Email from the Toyota's insurers saying they think some details they have "might not be correct" so I've had to send them a photo of my driving licence, a check code from DVLA, proof of NCD from previous insurer, and a recent utility bill - all after spending time triple-checking that it wasn't a phishing expedition, of course

Looking over everything, I can only see two possible anomalies: the NCD letter from Tesco when I left them last year mentions eight years' NCD, when by my count it should have been nine; and my driving licence doesn't include my flat number, as DVLA's antiquated system for entering such details uses a version of the PAF that doesn't list the flats individually for this house (though it does for most of the others in the terrace).

I don't think the NCD business should matter as it makes no difference above a few years (five or seven or something) so they should just be able to decide which one they want - it's currently showing ten, which is correct given I got the car in June 2011, but if they want to knock it down to nine because of, I assume, some mistake on a form years ago, it makes no difference to anything. And the address business has never been a problem for anybody else (it's always a toss-up when using a postcode lookup form whether it uses a PAF version with the flats in it or not)

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I came back via the Amazon Locker, as there were three books waiting there for me; another which I only ordered this morning was initially due tomorrow, but then they'd changed that to by ten tonight. Anyway, I figured that one could wait until tomorrow and I'd get the ones that were there, and looked up the locker code on my phone at the far end of the side road. By the time I'd done the two hundred yards or so along the side road to the petrol station, I'd forgotten it and went to look again, only to discover that the fourth book had just been delivered. Excellent timing

Comment

Lovely tea of a rack of ribs (not to be confused with ribs) with a smoky BBQ sauce, and chips

The rain has arrived; it's a bit off-and-on at the moment. Likely to continue so through the night and through tomorrow as well, though

Comment

Bit more Traffic Cops watched

Suppose I'd better get to sleep; there are meetings tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

"Mostly cloudy" says the weather app on the watch, which is true up to a point; but it ignores that it's wispy, diaphanous cloud, and happy to step aside to give the sun a look at everything whenever asked to do so. Currently 15°C but pitching for 19°, with more cloud supposedly muscling in and a slight chance of rain this morning rising to a near-certainty this afternoon; barometer down a fair bit at 986/993mB

Comment

Morning all

It's bright, dry with a bit of cloud. Currently 20 degrees with a high of 22 later and the cloud disappearing as the day progresses. Yesterday ended up hotter than forecast so I suspect the same will happen again.

Just waiting for our breakfast to be delivered and planning our day. A gentle one today as we did rather a lot of walking, and Lisbon is a bit steep in parts!

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    Louis Pasteur successfully tests his vaccine against rabies on Joseph Meister, a boy bitten by a rabid dog 1885

Comment

Morning.

Dry (as in it's not currently raining).

Grey.

White sky.

Sunless.

Cooler at 20.7 deg in here.

995 mBar 29.38 in Hg ( up from 992 mBar 29.29 in Hg last night), 67% RH.

Tuesday.

The gully sucker is back, doing the needful doings to the drain on the other side of the road.

Walk walked.

Lawn feed & weed applied to next door's lawns.

I'd done 95% of it when the downpour began.

100% done now the downpour has ceased for a while.

The applier device was playing up with one of the wheels falling off repeatedly, just to piss me off.

Which it duly achieved.

Lunch: Heinz ham and lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, blackcurrant jam on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed crust, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 84%, running average 84% (the min today was 33% at one point).

Tea: Tesco breaded cod, some tinned pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Laurence Harvey on Sky Arts.

Apparently after a mere two years and a month or so, I've been replaced.

Gosh.

In other news, a pimp has been trying to phone me (I don't answer the phone any more since it's generally some scamming bastard on the other end) so he finally sent me an email.

No idea what it was or where.

Since it's currently blowing a gale, I think I'll have a bonfire before the outside bog is completely filled with rubbish.

Duly done, and despite a shower & a washing of the hair, I still stink of smoke.

Drying the brambles and suchlike in the greenhouse makes them burn very well indeed.

Most satisfying.

Entertainment: NCIS S7 E1: the one where they rescue Ziva & the nasty man gets his head blown clean off by Gibbs.

Massive Engineering Mistakes: Emley Moore transmission tower collapse in 1969, bridge collapse in Washington state, Houston floods in 2017, Cologne building collapse.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 July 2021, 21:51.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X