• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea was a delicious beef and mushroom casserole from out the freezer that I belatedly realised should have been encased in pastry.

No tellybox as I spent the evening setting up my new phone, registering the authentication apps, banking apps and whatnot.

Comment

Eight good-sized bowls of soup has been the harvest. Now cooling a bit more on the side, ahead of a night in the fridge before taking up all the space in the freezer, apart from the one I put in an actual bowl which will be lunch tomorrow

Well, unless I stop at Greggs on the way back from town - tomorrow's when I'm due to have my ears meddled with at Specsavers

Comment

The permies at ClientGov are all off on an "away day" tomorrow. Of course they aren't actually going anywhere, because they're all working from home. Still, I assume it means no morning standup to bother about

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Up again up again jiggety jig.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Chilly in here at 18.9 deg.

1021.5 mBar, 30.16 in Hg, 66% RH.

Wednesday.

Walk walked in the blazing sunshine.

Could have done with to keep the flies away.

Very annoying in places.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast (I think the toaster is getting a bit enthusiastic, it was the black side of brown), a red/purple pippy corner yog, bramble jelly sandwich on oat & barley bread, 0.91 pints of good Gengettie tea.

Washed the shelves in what passes for the kitchen, though I didn't bother with the top one since one can't see the dust & dirt on that.

Freecell score: 93%, running average 84% (83.96%).

Tea: the last (thankfully) of the roast beef with carrots & onions, some tinned fruit (undetermined at this time), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering someone Jack Palance on Sky Arts.

Burning Sky on PBS at 20:30, being the story of the first 2nd high yield thermonuclear detonation, being Castle Bravo which ran away to 15Mt coz Lithium 7 is rather less inert than they thought it was.

Prog is about the USM security on the USS Curtiss, the ship that carried the weapons and the scientists to the Marshal Islands for the tests.

One chap who is reanalysing the photos taken at the time has reassessed the actual yield as up to 22Mt.

The last bit of Dr Pimplepopper (which I've seen before).

Detonators wherein tulip gets blown up.

In other news, it's been raining.

After all of which it'll be TFBSDrS, perchance to dream, and hopefully not to wake unbidden yet again at fecking sparrow fart.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 June 2021, 20:45.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Struggled to get up this morning, due to feeling most unrefreshed by slumber. Not sure why, as I don't recall any difficulty sleeping or troubling dreams. Feel pretty rubbish now; let's see if coffee helps

Sunny start out though, currently 12°C and heading for 21° this afternoon; barometers up slightly at 1016/1024mB

Off into town later to have my hearing fettled. Makes a change, though they could at least have kept the weather cool for me

Comment

Morning all

It's a lovely morning out there. Sunny, dry, blue sky with fluff. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 20 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1022 mBar.

Having done feck all for two days, I really feel like I ought to do some work today.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              Yellow balls are used for the first time at the Wimbledon Tennis Championship to aid visibility 1986

Comment

Town has been been to, specifically Specsavers. My ears have had the wax sucked out of them with a small vacuum cleaner, and then a hearing test showed that my hearing hasn't really changed in any significant way from last time, three years ago. And I was praised for how clean I keep my hearing aids, meaning they didn't need to be "serviced" at all, a term which it was strongly implied usually meant "cleaned of the disgusting filth people allow to accumulate on them"

And the feedback problem that was plaguing my right ear in particular is now completely resolved

Turns out it takes me about twenty-two minutes from here to the Clock Tower or back again, which is not a bad pace. That's via Castle Gardens, the Castle Motte, Castle Yard, and then the Cathedral grounds, which is not only the most scenic route but also turns out to be about the quickest

And, of course: green ring closed

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  And the feedback problem that was plaguing my right ear in particular is now completely resolved

Comment

Lunch was a bowl of last night's chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread. Turned out very tasty again

Comment

Lunch was a couple of well buttered toasted crumpets, to use up the packet.

A brisk walk was had to the high street to drop off a load of shoes for repairing. I didn't realise that Timpsons don't take Amex so I'll have to go back up there after my 1430 meeting ends to pay for it all.

Busyness: quiet but all of a sudden people have been bringing in three pairs at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X