• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dull and overcast this morning. There's a dampness to the air too and rain is expected. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 18 later. Barometer is at 1009 mBar.

Arm aches from the jab but not as hurty as first time around.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Toymaker 'Mattel' releases 15 new body types for their 'Ken' doll, including one with a man bun 2017

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day again, but dry at the moment. Currently 13°C going on 14°, barometers marginally down at 1002/1010mB

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Ok, so the edit appears in the quote but not in the post. Have I found Yet Another Bug?
      Apparently

Comment

Today will be spent fixing dodgy rounding errors. of which there are about 5 different ones depend on the software the core data comes from (although I find it frankly worrying that a system sends 1 figure to 1 output and a slightly different 1 to another one).

The end result is that I need cludges at both ends to account for minor (and in the example of a different edge case. significantly larger but legitimate) differences.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

^^^ Ah, how one misses the joys of BCD maths routines.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          ^^^ There was no II in the book since Trautman kills him.

Morning.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cooler at 20.7 in here.

1004 mBar, 29.65 in Hg, 67% RH.

Sunday.

Sunday shop done, dusted, washed, rinsed, dried, sanitised and put away.

Very busy this morning, queues for checkout before 10 a.m.

There must be sommat going on.

Lunch: roast chicken beef, some yog or other, probably a yellow corner one, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Still very here.
          Well there's a thing again.

But editing this one works.

The original post refused to post the edit several times with the "Can't load the post" error message.

Until it did but the edits remain invisible.

How the feck does that work then?

The roast beef was pretty meh all in all.

I think I prefer the chicken.

I wonder how much beef & lamb reside in the freezer.

In other other news: it's raining.

Thought there was sommat missing, to whit: the roast onion & potatoes that I discovered during the washing up phase.

Walk walked in the incipient drizzle, pleasant enough in its way.

Entertainment: "From Time to Time (2009)" with that Maggie Smith Dame.

Tea: A Ginsters Moroccan vegan pasty, Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli, plus Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons oat and barley bread, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Some nonsense about an ex rugby international creating a cycle route from nowhere in the middle of nowhere in the Brecon Beacons, through mid Wales to the top of Snowdon.

Who knew that cycling up Snowdon was a thing?

Some prog on BBC4 about Maps that almost sent me to sleep.

The Repair Shop on Quest: it's the one with the kid's tricycle, the three dial mahogany clock, and a painting with a tear in it

The skill of these people is remarkable..
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 June 2021, 20:36.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Telephoned the parentals to wish my Dad happy father's day. Mum was upset that a shower had knocked all the petals off her roses, which were in full bloom and looking gorgeous.

There's been a light shower here and it's still dull and damp out. I need to take the car for a drive to make life easier in the morning when I take it to the garage for its MOT.

Comment

Monkey Life is back

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Monkey Life is back
                New series?

Comment

Car started straight away and has been taken to Heathrow and back. I think I must have finally got enough charge in the battery that the solar trickle charger is actually working.

Now trying to decide if I can be bothered to walk up to Waitrose to return something to John Lewis.

Comment

Meh. Still feeling crap due to Moderna part 2. Currently 27C and very cloudy. Wid is picking up and it's about to rain heavily with lots of thunder and lighting.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Walked up to Waitrose and returned my JL item. Muggy out.

Comment

Working...
                      X