• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I may have to admit defeat in my battle to avoid a smart meter. Seems gas meters need to be changed every 10 - 20 years, so I am getting a smart one
    That's tedious. I have been ignoring the whole smart meter thing too but there's a suggestion that they won't work where I live because the meters for the whole block are located below ground.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Funeral service was pretty nice

There were a couple of younger retired RN types there to talk about his war service: Atlantic Star, Arctic Star, Africa Star, Pacific Star - he got around a bit

And the chap officiating, from a chapel he used to attend, also happens to be the chaplain of Liverpool FC.

Comment

I may have to admit defeat in my battle to avoid a smart meter. Seems gas meters need to be changed every 10 - 20 years, so I am getting a smart one
          strange both of my meters are old enough to drink in the US.

First set in my first house were older than me.

Oh look the lies suppliers will tell.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Today has not been a doing day (too many meetings).

Comment

Lunch, BTW, was pâté on toast

The pâté was supposedly out of date as of yesterday, but I'm sure it'll be fine

Looking on Ikea at a modular chest of drawers I was thinking of buying, I found that they had a delivery slot free tomorrow - normally it's at least a week and more often two or three before they can deliver, and indeed, the earliest next delivery date available was in a week or more. So I decided to strike while the iron was hot and placed the order

And I also got around to phoning Specsavers for a hearing test, as I'm overdue one by nearly a year and my right hearing aid appears not to fit properly any more leading to regular feedback. They have a lot of Covid stuff in their reminder letters about how they'll first do a telephone consultation in the hope they can avoid having your diseased self anywhere near them (I'm paraphrasing), and there's never any slots available for online booking, so I was expecting it to be a while before I got in. But no: next Tuesday morning at 10:30

Comment

WWDC opening keynote has started

Comment

Prof. Brian Cox must have a pension shortfall. His new series is a clip show of his previous TV shows.

Comment

Walk moderately briskly walked, green ring closed

This evening was via the alternative route that features less uphill and is slightly shorter, as it comes back past the Co-op and I needed a loaf of bread

Comment

Wrap it in tinfoil.

Works a treat.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X