• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was a cheese and ham toasty but done the way my mum used to do them - two slices of buttered toast rather than the fried or Breville versions.

I ought to go for a walk now we're at the peak heat of the day

Comment

Mouse in front room has been captured and deposited at the release site on the far side of the motorway.

That's 4 of the blighters found and rehomed so far.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Another busy one

Lunch, when I got around to it, was Scotch broth with wholemeal bread - mainly to make room in the freezer

Comment

Final session held with comms this afternoon. Went surprisingly smoothly with very little noise.

I never did get out for my walk. It's not yet rained but it has come over cloudy.

There is a car alarm going off that sort of sounds like mine but I'm not totally sure what my car alarm sounds like. Undecided if I should go out and check.

Comment

Walk briskly walked in the 26°C evening air, green ring closed

No coat worn. It's a bit too warm out there for my liking. We've had a couple of days of it, now let's get back to overcast and drizzle

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_122.png Views:	3 Size:	2.32 MB ID:	4165503
              Profitable day today

Had a tin of old coins (actually belonged to eldest son as he'd kinda claimed them as a kid). All sorts of crap in there.

Have a young friend (the lad from countdown who found fame on gogglebox) who's a keen collector, so sent him a photo of the contents ...

From that, he picked out a coin to look at - turned out to be a genuine Cromwell Shilling and got sold at auction today for a nice £3k

https://www.dnw.co.uk/auctions/catal...lot_uid=394848

No idea where it came from, and quite incredible that it's been kicking about in a tin for decades.

Splitting the dosh with child#1 (he owes me!) so all good

Kerching.

Some other nice coins in there will find their way to the lad in question

Last edited by mudskipper; 2 June 2021, 17:39. Reason: spel

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                From that, he picked out a coin to look at - turned out to be a genuine Cromwell Shilling and got sold at auction today for a nice £3k

How's things?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

How's things?
                  Good thanks Been busy with work and ZoomDown - series final next week with Paul Zenon as our guest. I am leaving the team at the end of the series so will have more time for TPD'ing

How's things with everyone here? Haven't kept up at all, so hope everyone is well.

Comment

Good thanks Been busy with work and ZoomDown - series final next week with Paul Zenon as our guest. I am leaving the team at the end of the series so will have more time for TPD'ing

How's things with everyone here? Haven't kept up at all, so hope everyone is well.
                    I'm OK thanks

Currently WFH on a government gig, just hoping for enough coronavirus variants to keep coming through the country that I don't actually have to go down to Whitehall before the (current) end date in August

Comment

Kerching.

Nice one!

You haven't missed anything

Comment

Working...
                      X