• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Morning! The test TPD thread has been duly deleted.

Comment

The PC build is ongoing.

Spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out how to get the side panels off my new case. Turns out there's a handy push button. The case is huge but well designed so am pleased with it.

All the innards were put together without incident and I was faffing about tidying cables and preparing to test when I realised that I hadn't put the CPU cooler on.

At that moment I decided it would be a good time to take a break and have something to eat.

Then while eating I watched a couple of YouTube videos and my laptop died. Well, it just turned itself off without so much as a blue screen. Then it wouldn't turn on again properly, just made a lot of fan noise. I forced it to turn off, waited a bit then it came back to life ok but did initially have some very worrying screen flicker. I think I may be cursed.

Comment

The laptop believes it's been replaced so it's angry with you.

Never build a computer where another computer lives as the old one gets angry and starts playing up.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Then while eating I watched a couple of YouTube videos and my laptop died. Well, it just turned itself off without so much as a blue screen. Then it wouldn't turn on again properly, just made a lot of fan noise. I forced it to turn off, waited a bit then it came back to life ok but did initially have some very worrying screen flicker. I think I may be cursed.
          It's probably jealous because you're giving all your attention to the desktop

Comment

Yep, it'll probably dump in your headphones when you sleep

Comment

Roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal) for (late) lunch

Comment

Off to Barnard Castle soon for an eye test Gary Delaney tour warm up gig
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sainsbury's will be delivering between 18:26 and 19:26 precisely

Most annoyed that they were unable to supply the desired TTD teacakes though

Also they have no large eggs. What is this, March 2020?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Sainsbury's will be delivering between 18:26 and 19:26 precisely

Most annoyed that they were unable to supply the desired TTD teacakes though

Also they have no large eggs. What is this, March 2020?
                    s'funny, i seem to have seen this post before!

Comment

Bloke on Hospital being told he's got to have urgent open-heart surgery. Dunno why he's getting so stressed out about it, it's not as if he's got Scotch broth in the fridge at home or anything

Comment

Working...
                      X