• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Just in time credit stealing
    ftfy
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Didn't bother watching any more telly. Now, yet another early night. Weird to think that people work five days a week for years at a time. I've only been doing it for six weeks, which have included various Bank Holidays, and I'm already worn out by it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Seemed like it was going to be another grey start, but appearances can be deceptive and it's turned into a sunny one instead. Only 4°C so far, and no better than 11° expected, with a good chance of some rain this afternoon; barometer up a little at 1001/1009mB

I'm having a nectarine for breakfast, so that'll be one of my five-a-month taken care of

Comment

Morning all

Bright, dry and sunny out this morning. Currently 7 degrees ('feels like' 4) with a high of 12 expected. Cloud cover will increase as the day progresses but the risk of rain is very low. Barometer up to 1011 mBar.

Working five days a week, as NF says, is tiring. I think people just get used to being tired all the time. I'm absolutely knackered this morning!

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          Halima Aden becomes the first Muslim model to appear in 'Sports Illustrated' wearing a hijab and burkini 2019

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Coldish at 17.1 deg in here.

1011 mBar, 29.85 in Hg, 53% RH.

Thursday.

I slept sufficiently heavily not to notice the arrival of the recycling engineers earlier.

The day's first scamming phone call at 09:08.

Oddly enough it's a local number so maybe it was for me after all.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the sunshine & without that cold breeze blowing downhill.

Pleasant enough.

Still blue sky with white fluffy clouds.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same x2, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Discovering Gregory Peck" on Sky Arts.

Engineering mistakes: problems demolishing a tower block due to hidden reinforcements in the pillars, mining legacy problems in the US, problems with wind turbine blade erosion.

Trucking Hell S1 E9 on Paramount: no Rory in this one.

Today's 2nd scamming call at 15:20 from a 006 number where ever that is.

Today's 3rd scamming call at 18:01.

Entertainment: Continuing the director's commentary on "Apollo 13 (1995)".

Trucking Hell S4 E3: a mix of Crouch & Lantern.

Merrie has an awkward reverse into an electricity compound up a muddy track to rescue a tanker stuck in the mud.

Bad Skin SOS on 5: acne. The inadequate diagnosis is remarkable.

This one doesn't have a Doctor Emma or Dr Pimplepopper as such, rather a psychological dermatologist.

And a Chinese medicine chap with added needles, which, apart from tasting foul had no effect.

Consulting the dermatologist was a bit more positive.

Nowhere near as inneresting as the other two progs.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 April 2021, 21:58.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch was a mini wrap type thing filled with lettuce, chicken and pickled carrot. A small dab of mayonnaise too. I might make another as I'm still a bit peckish.

Comment

Lunch: sardines-in-olive-oil toasties

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/crouchrecov...6787555022400/

[quote from 2019]HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY RORY!!!

It’s tv’s Rory Wilcox’s birthday today so we thought we would share some old pictures of our Rory for you all to look at.

Have a great day. Thanks for all of your hard work and joy you bring us all [/quote]

So he's 52 tomorrow.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 April 2021, 21:35.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    I can't access that, not being on Facebook. But the URL sounds like it could have been fun!

Comment

Tonight, finally, I get my birthday promise. Yes you're right. She's cooking me Bánh cuốn. Authentic, since she's of the part of the world. It was supposed to happen yesterday, but she decided to cook octopus... boy was it good.

I'm spoiled.

I'm on holiday now. I go back to work Wednesday. We're off to Lauterbrunnen - staying in a self catering Swiss Chalet. First holiday alone for two years.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X