• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had left the all-important book in the other room, which was daft.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    'Snuppy' the world's first cloned dog is born in South Korea 2005

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Have you lost lots of weight or is your kettle more cauldron sized?

It is a right faff when things like that go. Hope it's a quick fix on Monday!
      There is of course the option of going to the gym / pool and showering their if you get fed up of field washing. I sent the kids down for a swim when I was redoing the heating. Teenage girls & no bathrooms!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Overcast out for a change

Temperature is a pleasant enough 15°C though, possibly clambering up to 16° in an hour or two, with the barometer pretty steady at 1018/1026mB

I need to go out in an hour or so as I have an appointment at the Apple Store. Still seems a bit odd to buy something and have to book an appointment to collect it, but at least it means the annoying kind of person who hangs around in the Apple Store for no discernible reason is unlikely to be cluttering the place

Still debating whether to have a cold shower

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

There is of course the option of going to the gym / pool and showering their if you get fed up of field washing. I sent the kids down for a swim when I was redoing the heating. Teenage girls & no bathrooms!
          I'm not paying for a gym just so I can have a shower

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Wish I could find something I liked watching on TV. It all seems like tulip to me.
            That's why I retain a carefully curated selection of over 1,000 films, around five of which I keep watching again and again

Comment

Cold shower had. Did not like

But one can't really go to the Apple Store, with its clean lines and minimalist aesthetic, while a bit smelly

Comment

Right, I'm off to the land of tastefully understated product displays!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Right, I'm off to the land of tastefully understated product displays!
                  Understated and overpriced.

The cold shower will make a man of you.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Home again, green ring closed - it ought to give you a bonus for walking to the Apple Store really

I am now the possessor of some AirPods

Town was a lot busier than it has been, which goes some way towards explaining why we're currently third in the diseased peasantry league table

I had thought of going to some other shops while I was there, maybe Waterstones, but that shopping centre does my head in so badly that all I can think of when I'm in there is getting out of town as quickly as possible

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Understated and overpriced.

The cold shower will make a man of you.
                    While the bloke was in the back getting my order, I checked out the new M1-based MacBook Pro and left one of the display models showing this post

Comment

Took a walk to drop off the dresses at the charity shop and to drop off the shoes at the UPS drop off shop.

Lovely out there. Roads are oddly quiet, as in one can easily cross them without risking life and limb or waiting for ages.

A bit sniffy now though so that's enough of the great outdoors for today. Although I may do a bit of potching with the plants on my patio as I ought to plant out the chillis.

Comment

Working...
                      X