• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey start today, almost foggy and probably is out in the county. Warmer for it overnight though: 8°C now, but a high of only 12° later. Atmosphere giving it 1011/1019mB

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky, sunny, blah blah. Weather app says its hazy. Currently 10 degrees and the high may blip up to 14 but 13 looks more likely. A bit of cloud this afternoon but it'll be clear overnight. Barometer up a bit to 1020 mBar.

Horrible smell of tar in my living room, kitchen and office. As the smell had seeped in with the windows closed, I figured it would be best to open them all to try and get it to dissipate as the smell isn't very present when I pop out to the patio. It's a bit headache inducing so I hope it passes soon.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      The first American firehouse pole is installed in New York City by Captain David B. Kenyon 1878

Comment

And it's our Queen's actual birthday today (rather than the official one)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          More Trucking Hell watched on the Trucking Hell-watching machine
          Did Rory feature?

Morning.

Apparently dry but I wouldn't swear to it.

White sky.

Sunless.

Warmer in here at 17.3 deg.

1018 mBar, in Hg, 53% RH.

Wednesday.

<hiatus>

Walk walked (abbreviated).

The sneezing began before I got home.

I see the plantains are busy flowering too.

Windborne so I'm bound to be allergic to those too.

2nd scamming phonecall of the morning.

It's just as well I never answer the phone these days.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<sneeze>

Fed up with this, I need drugs.

Watched the bit of Engineering Disasters that I missed the other day.

Rory features in this afternoon's Trucking Hell S1 E3.

Turns out Fluff is Marta's squeeze.

Who'd have thunk it?

Rory talking about his late mate Pete who was crushed to death in an accident during a recovery.

Now: Traffic Cops Police Interceptors S17 E7: haven't seen this one before.

In other news, the magnificently embosomed one from next door but one has had her kids barrowing slate chips from the front garden down my path to the back lane.

Turns out she's just been made redundant.

So she's going to continue doing her Master's degree until sommat else comes along.

Tea: liver & bacon with onion gravy, some tinned mango segments, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: last 10 minutes of NCIS S14 E22.

Police Interceptors S19 E5 on 5.

Dr Pimple Popper on Really at 21:00.

A chap with multiple lipomas and Factor V Leiden blot clotting problems: she got 16 lipomas out, much to his satisfaction.

A woman with a skin problem that wasn't dermatological & who wouldn't take advice.

A chap with a big feck off cyst on his head that squirted gunge a satisfyingly long distance all over the good Dr.

Detonators on Dmax: a failed demolition of an unusual building with a steel frame (which all went) and a concrete core which sat down rather than toppling.

The core toppled the next day with another blast.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 April 2021, 22:10.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all,

Bit overcast here but looking to be a good day.

Have a man coming in to price up jetwashing the drive and the paving. Waiting for the tut, tut, big job this...

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Did Rory feature?
              He did, demonstrating how to put chocks both sides of the front wheel of a tractor unit so it didn't move when he lifted the back end

Today's Sprint Planning meeting has come and gone, so we now know what we're working on for the next two weeks. I didn't raise the point that, unless my contract is extended, I won't be there in two weeks, as my contract ends at the end of April. I can never remember who's a civil servant and who's from the consultancy I'm actually contracted to, and I didn't want to risk making the latter look bad in the eyes of the former for not having sorted it out yet

Must text the agent and find out if he knows what's going on… he was supposed to be chasing it up last Friday but who knows if he did

Comment

I still wish I'd never mentioned the end of contract to AB Automotive.

That place was fecking painful and I got another five weeks of tedium.

Especially that chair with no padding where the seat used to be.

Maybe the fat git it belonged to never noticed, what with being a fat git & all.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Apparently everybody's on the case about the extension. The agent is chasing the consultancy, and the consultancy are chasing Her Majesty's Government

Meanwhile, people are asking my opinion about changes to a bit of work that I'd mostly done but which was then moved to the back burner, and I'm not even sure if I'll have anything to do with it

Comment

And now a phone call from the Water Board, who sent me an email the other day saying I was ~£11 short. I checked, and I wasn't, so I ignored it. Turns out this was "sent in error" and they offered me profuse apologies for the inconvenience. I accepted their apology gracefully, not saying that there hadn't been any inconvenience because I'd just assumed they were idiots and promptly forgotten all about it

Comment

Dashed up to the Post Office as I had a parcel to send before midday. Then a brisk walk along the High Street to Oree to grab a nice lunch only to realise while in the queue to go in that they don't take Amex and that was the only card I'd picked up. So a further brisk walk to Ole and Steen for one of their toasted sandwiches (vegan version of gouda and n'duja) and then back home.

It's lovely, sunny and warm. Technically cooler than yesterday but feels much nicer.

I had earlier received notification that my chilli plants had been delivered and signed for by me. I hadn't done any such thing so I was bemused as to where they'd gotten to. Assumption was that the caretaker had taken them in and, lo, on return from my dashings about the delivery was by my door.

Comment

Working...
                      X