• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started to watch the coverage but it does go on a bit (I mean that in a respectful way) and I'm absolutely pooped. The violent shivering even though I'm not actually cold is annoying me too. I did feel I was getting far too cold sitting in that little park so I'm assuming it's mild hypothermia and nothing an early night with a hot water bottle can't fix. The tiredness is also giving me a headache and the yawning is making me think I might dislocate my jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I'm sure they'll have found willing volunteers to receive the surplus doses
      chury and the art of zen

Comment

Discovering that my various bits of bimbling about today had already granted me half a green ring, I figured it would be remiss of me not to top it off. So I popped out for a short walk, incorporating a trip to the Amazon Locker, and all three rings are now closed

One of the delights from the Locker is Terry Nation's novelisation of Survivors, which I understand has an ending considerably bleaker and more shocking than anything the BBC would let him put on television in the 1970s

Comment

One of the delights from the Locker is Terry Nation's novelisation of Survivors, which I understand has an ending considerably bleaker and more shocking than anything the BBC would let him put on television in the 1970s
          We shall require a review in due course.

Some time in the next 10 years should cover it nicely (about the length of time it takes me to get a round tuit to read some stuff).

It was originally published in 1976 apparently.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Discovering that my various bits of bimbling about today had already granted me half a green ring, I figured it would be remiss of me not to top it off. So I popped out for a short walk, incorporating a trip to the Amazon Locker, and all three rings are now closed

Sounds fun. Added to my Kindle for about £1.

Temperature 5.1 °C
            Relative humidity 75%
            Pressure 981 hPa

Rain this morning, but dry pm. May reach 10C. Wife and I plan a long walk this afternoon. Followed by Chinese pork and salmon for dinner. (Yesterday we sent out for pizza).
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Bit of a rewatch night tonight, starting with the now-in-4K American Sniper (2014). The whole Iraq invasion thing was a dumb ******* mess, wasn't it?

And then the wonderful Time After Time (1979), in which H.G. Wells pursues Jack the Ripper to modern (well, 1979, which was modern when it was made) San Francisco in his time machine. A cracking yarn

And in The Shield they continue digging themselves in deeper in the most brutal ways possible yet somehow always make things worse for themselves in S3E1 Playing Tight (TV Episode 2004) and S3E2 Blood and Water (TV Episode 2004)

Goodnight all

Comment

^^^ The "Goodnight all" after the "Morning all".

Morning.

Dry.

White sky.

Frost on the grass.

Wanly sunny.

Warmer in here at 16.2 deg.

1025 mBar, 30.27 in Hg, 53% RH.

Sunday judging by the burblings of the wireless.

Can't listen to much of that stuff, it upsets me.

Having awakened at 06:25 from a dream of an agency going bust and me having to steal back some black painted MDF from a pub (for no readily apparent reason) using my dear old Fiat Croma, hiding from the plod in same, it was a relief to wake up.

I was worried the ANPR thingie would beep on the Fiat number plate. considering it met the scrappy some 15 years ago.

<hiatus>

Shopping trip to Morrisons & Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sterilised, and put away.

Lunch nearly ready.

I suppose getting up at sparrowfart does make the day longer.

Personally I'm quite happy to stay in bed until 09:00, specifically in General.

Lunch: roast chicken breast with sausage & bacon, a red corner yog, a couple of peach slices, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the sunshine.

Almost warm out there.

Very quiet up by the res, down in the grounds it was a lot busier.

Saw a couple of butterflies doing butterfly type stuff, while the cock blackbirds were busily singing away in their inimitable way.

Tea: Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli plus Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich x2 on same, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Plus two of the oranges I bought from Tesco today which were already on the point of going bad.

Entertainment: the director's commentary on what turned out to be a different cut of "Manhunter (1986)" on the 2nd dvd of the special edition.

Followed by "Assault on Precinct 13 (2005)" with Ethan Hawke, Gabriel Byrne, and Lawrence Fishburne.

Much different from the earlier film but rather good in its way.

Certainly rather higher budget.

And more and better guns.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 April 2021, 22:44.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Beautiful clear blue sky. Almost that shade of blue I remember from holidays. It's currently 12 degrees and the high will be 13. It'll remain sunny with a few blobs of cloud and unlikely to rain. Barometer down to 1026 mBar. Looks like tomorrow and Tuesday will remain clear and dry, getting up to 17, before the rain returns on Wednesday.

Slept quite well, although not being able to occasionally lie on my left did cause me to wake up. I did fathom a workaround but that required me to be semi-awake in order to position my arm correctly. I very much enjoyed my lie in this morning.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  King Mswati III of Swaziland announces that his country's name will change to 'eSwatini' 2018

Comment

Bit of a rewatch night tonight, starting with the now-in-4K American Sniper (2014). The whole Iraq invasion thing was a dumb ******* mess, wasn't it?

And then the wonderful Time After Time (1979), in which H.G. Wells pursues Jack the Ripper to modern (well, 1979, which was modern when it was made) San Francisco in his time machine. A cracking yarn

And in The Shield they continue digging themselves in deeper in the most brutal ways possible yet somehow always make things worse for themselves in S3E1 Playing Tight (TV Episode 2004) and S3E2 Blood and Water (TV Episode 2004)

Goodnight all
                    The whole anything in Arabia / Afghanistan seems to have been a total F up. Always willing to hear suggestions about how we could have done something different. I do think we tried to change it for the better.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Quite a pleasant day out, though the sunshine is being filtered through a high layer of haze now; it's up to the expected high of 14°C, 1014/1022mB

Comment

Working...
                      X