• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey start out, but with enough gaps to let the sun through either partially or wholly from time to time

Rather less cold a start than the last couple of days too: no frost on the roofs out the back, currently 4°C and forecast to be 11° by the time I'm going for Vaccine II this afternoon, 1010/1018mB.

Comment

Toast had, so I'm as ready as I'll ever be for the morning meeting

Comment

Morning all

Dry and bright but cloudy. Currently 7 degrees ('feels like' 4) and today's high will be about 11. Cloud cover to remain all day. 40% chance of precipitation but the weather app can't say when. Barometer steady at 1023 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        The construction of the world's first skyscraper to integrate wind turbines is completed in Bahrain 2008

Comment

You know things are getting serious when I take the GoF Book down from the shelf. We gonna build a State Machine!

Comment

Last state machine I implemented was in PIC assembler, or was it PIC C?

Probably PIC C.

For the big digital clock thing I was potching with at the time, before "they" took away my PCB etch facility.

Morning.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

No current precipitation.

Warmer at 17 deg in here.

1021 mBar, in Hg, 53% RH.

Thursday allegedly.

Walk walked, though the viewlesspoint was missed out again.

The ongoing work on whatever they're working on at the dam is ongoing.

Water level in the res is as low as I've ever seen it, with the base of the tower thing emerging from the mud.

There's also something being built in what used to be the carpark before they chopped all the trees down.

Lunch: Heinz ham and lentil soup (pffft) with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Police Ten 7" from NZ.

Followed by the half of the thing about Steve McQueen that I didn't watch yesterday.

<hiatus>

Some mild potching done in the garage.

Yet more railway mags located, which will meet recycling next week since there's far too many to put out in one go.

Somethng's been chewing at stuff in there.

Found some more electronic components that I'd long forgotten I'd got out of the skip at Wolsey Comcare back in the day.

Anyone want 10,000 75 ohm quarter watt 5% resistors?

One careful owner, never raced nor rallied.

There's about 10,000 2200uF electrolytics too, and a shedload of 10uF ones.

Tea: the first of the latest batch of chilli con carne with rice, (stone me I didn't stint on the chilli powder in this one, phew wot a scorcher), tinned mango segments, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Discovering Maureen O'Hara" on Sky Arts.

Thing on Sky Arts about John Ford, the director.

Winter Road Rescue on Paramount 21:00.

Trucking Hell is back next week for S3 apparently.

Thing on Smithsonian about the U2 and, peripherally, the SR71.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 April 2021, 22:04.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sausage roll for lunch

Might pick something upon the way back from vaccination too, but that should sustain me for the two-mile walk there

Comment

Off to get the second jab!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Off to get the second jab!
                  And done!

Comment

Lunch was chicken, röstie, asparagus and asparagus bouillon. And a coffee and a chocolate egg from my grandson's stash. Grandkids as delightful as ever. Their neighbours had thrown out a cat tree. It's in better nick than ours, so we've taken it. My engineer daughter (and primary teacher daughter) are trying to figure out how to put it together.

Back to Java. Currently trying to get workarounds where the classes I want to use are marked as "use discouraged".
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Home again, having detoured slightly via M&S in town. The town centre seems a little busier, though of course last time I was there six weeks ago after the first jab, it was about ten in the morning rather than the middle of the afternoon

Comment

Working...
                      X