• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrating the Resurrection of Our Lord and Saviour by tucking into my Rolo Easter Egg

Pleased to see they've done the proper thing of putting the Rolos loose inside the egg, rather than the lazy modern approach of having them in a separate packet

Comment

This time I was totally sure the jump starter was fully charged and still the car won't start. Either my jump starter is faulty or that solar trickle charger is drawing power rather than putting it in.

HWMBO is having to get the train down as wait time for recovery is 3-4 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        This time I was totally sure the jump starter was fully charged and still the car won't start. Either my jump starter is faulty or that solar trickle charger is drawing power rather than putting it in.

HWMBO is having to get the train down as wait time for recovery is 3-4 hours.
        Bummer

Comment

Use Mary Berry's Yorkshire pud recipe, but Jamie Oliver's process. Excellent results.So - roast beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pud, steamed beans, roasted peppers (with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, paprika, salt and pepper), freshly prepared mustard, gravy. Everything very tasty, even though the beef was overcooked. Should've used a meat thermometers.

Also prepared chicken curry for slow cooking tomorrow morning.

Walked down to a public bookshelf with my wife and daughters this afternoon. Very pleasant - 14C and sunny. Saw two sixteen year old lads carrying a cot filled with cushions onto a tram, which was fairly random. I recently noticed that the street names in the city have a little explanation of their origin underneath. So with my daughter to translate, learned a little local history. No dinner tonight - far too much lunch - but enjoying a pint of Vallaisianne IPA.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The RAC man has been. My battery was down to less than a volt! He thinks the coming loose of the battery clamp meant it was moving against the positive terminal causing a discharge. I never noticed it in any position other than in the middle of the battery so can't say if it found a way beyond the plastic cover that supposedly protects the positive terminal from such occurrances.

Anyway, car was jump started, battery was tested and the RAC man said it wasn't properly charging so I should take it back to Kwik Fit and see if they'll honour the 3 year warranty. The top tip was to get a decent amount of charge in it as best I could before turning up or else they'll just say it's a flat battery and not their problem.

Took yeah olde jalopy for a drive to Heathrow and back. The main brakes had siezed / rusted in place so they took some pursuading to move and there was a right racket as I drove down the road. It all eased up in no time and it seems to stop ok, although I did approach all junctions carefully just in case.

Now to check if Kwik Fit are open tomorrow.

Parentals visit booked for Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              The RAC man has been. My battery was down to less than a volt! He thinks the coming loose of the battery clamp meant it was moving against the positive terminal causing a discharge. I never noticed it in any position other than in the middle of the battery so can't say if it found a way beyond the plastic cover that supposedly protects the positive terminal from such occurrances.

Anyway, car was jump started, battery was tested and the RAC man said it wasn't properly charging so I should take it back to Kwik Fit and see if they'll honour the 3 year warranty. The top tip was to get a decent amount of charge in it as best I could before turning up or else they'll just say it's a flat battery and not their problem.

Took yeah olde jalopy for a drive to Heathrow and back. The main brakes had siezed / rusted in place so they took some pursuading to move and there was a right racket as I drove down the road. It all eased up in no time and it seems to stop ok, although I did approach all junctions carefully just in case.

Now to check if Kwik Fit are open tomorrow.

Parentals visit booked for Wednesday.
              At least it's going again

Comment

HWMBO arrived safely and many gins have been consumed. Dinner was a Thai takeaway.

Kwik Fit are open tomorrow so we will pootle down there to see if they wheedle out of the warranty and do a spot of food shopping.

Comment

Tea has been a roast shoulder of lamb dinner, and was quite exceptionally nice

And apparently there's going to be a proper cold snap this week, so I'm going to use the plentiful leftovers to make a batch of scouse to tide me over - just the thing in cold weather

Comment

After what has felt like a very busy weekend, it was nice to be able to finally relax in front of the telly with a glass of wine rather than having to get up early for Reasons (N.B. Monday Links may be a bit later than usual; give me a break )

The major motion picture premiere was Easter favourite The Passion of the Christ (2004). Should be a Good Friday film really, but I've put it off for several years now so thought I'd finally get it done. My opinion: not as Good as the Book

And then a rewatch of Eye in the Sky (2015). I say this time every time I watch this, but it's an excellent political-legal-military-technological thriller, and I don't understand why it never gets mentioned anywhere

And finally some more stuff that doesn't get the recognition it deserves, to wit, The Shield S2E10 Coyotes (TV Episode 2003). Nobody ever wins in this show, but it's utterly appalling how badly everybody loses. That's what makes it such a great show

Goodnight all

Comment

Temperature 3.4 °C
                      Relative humidity 72%
                      Pressure 977 hPa
                      Patches of blue sky but mainly cloudy.

Watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with my daughters yesterday late afternoon- they'd never seen it as children. It's far better than Mary Poppins. Followed by Raiders of the Lost Ark. Undemanding fun.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X